B.E. Smith Team | December 20, 2020
The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has reshaped the health care environment. The 2021 AHA Environmental Scan details data and trends that have implications for the health care field for the coming year and beyond. The scan will help your staff, leaders and board strategize and plan for the future.
Major themes in this publication reflect the AHA’s shift in strategy to address the pandemic:
- Relief: Economic landscape, operational impact and supply chain implications.
- Recovery: Public health practices, science and technology to ensure a safe environment.
- Rebuilding and reimagining: Post-pandemic changes to health care, innovation and evolving care models.
- Behavioral health: Mental health during the pandemic, substance-use disorders.
- Workforce: Shift of priorities in light of the pandemic, employment trends and clinician trends.
- Health equity, diversity and inclusion: COVID-19 disparities and chronic disease.
- Access and affordability: Health coverage, rural health and cost to consumers.