Travel Provided to Beautiful and Historic Area of Virginia for New Interim Manager Opening!
- Seeking an experienced and visible ED leader to bring best practices and improvement strategies to the Emergency Department as Interim Manager.
- Focus areas include patient satisfaction and quality metrics, patient flow, and staff recruitment, retention, and engagement.
- BSN and active Virginia or Compact RN license required.
- Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia, the town of Abingdon is a Virginia Historic Landmark known for its artsy vibe, historic charm, and its proximity to some of the most spectacular outdoor recreation in the state.
- Abingdon has been voted Best Small Town Food Scene in the Country by USA Today's 10 Best (2019 and 2020).
- Cultural activities can be enjoyed at the William King Museum of Art and the Barter Theatre, which is considered the "State Theatre of Virginia" and one of the longest-running professional regional theatres in the nation.
- As one of the towns along The Crooked Road: Virginia's Heritage Music Trail, Abingdon is home of the annual Virginia Highlands Festival, one of the most popular events in Virginia.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!