Bring your expertise to the heart of New York and serve as the Director of Security at St. Peter's Health Partners!
- The Director of Security will lead a team of security and safety professionals, managing the complexities within the current healthcare industry and focusing on the departments including Behavioral Health, Emergency Services, Labor & Delivery and NICU.
- The Director will work to ensure emergency preparedness and proper safety measures are met within the facility.
- Previous experience in law enforcement and/or security in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Experience leading a team of armed professionals/experience carrying a firearm professionally.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to balance command and control as well as demonstrate the ability to lead a team and gain trust with staff and leadership.
- Associate’s OR Bachelor’s degree preferred with experience relevant to the role.
- Condition of employment includes a COVID vaccination.
- With 12,000 employees in 170+ locations, St. Peter’s Health Partners is the Capital Region’s most comprehensive not-for-profit integrated health care network. St. Peter’s Health Partners is a member of Trinity Health, one of the nation’s largest Catholic health systems.
- The network includes Samaritan Hospital (212 beds), Samaritan Hospital - Albany Memorial Campus (165 beds), Samaritan Hospital - St. Mary's Campus (outpatient campus), St. Peter's Hospital (482 beds), and Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital (115 beds).
- St. Peter’s Hospital has been awarded Magnet hospital designation and has been ranked on multiple U.S. News & World Report’s top rankings lists.
- With a growing population of approximately 100,000, Albany is a bustling urban center in the heart of New York’s expanding Tech Valley.
- Albany has a vibrant arts and entertainment scene waiting to be discovered. Home to world-class museums, historic theaters, art galleries and endless public art projects, creativity is around every corner.
- Embark on an outdoor adventure in Albany County by land or by water. Hit the Hudson River aboard Dutch Apple Cruises, zip through the wilderness at WildPlay Elements Park, hike the trails at the Albany Pine Bush, kayak at Thompson Lake State Park, or go deep underground at Howe Caverns.
- The state capital of New York is located on the banks of the Hudson River and is a beautiful destination, offering a multitude of higher education options, sustainable living and desirable neighborhoods.
- The nearby Catskill and Adirondack Mountains provide year-round recreational activities such as fishing, hiking, camping and skiing.
- New York City, Boston, and Montreal are only few hours by car or train.