Senior Executive Director Ambulatory Operations
The Senior Executive Director Ambulatory Operations will assist the CNO UNM Hospitals & Clinics with ongoing development, direction, and supervision of ambulatory programs and services.
The Senior Executive Director Ambulatory Operations will function as the Executive primarily responsible for coordination of patient access, throughput and flow for all ambulatory areas and clinics. Also, jointly responsible with the CNO UNM Hospitals & Clinics and Executive Nursing Directors for ensuring patient services are in compliance with nursing care standards as well as state and federal regulations.
The Senior Executive Director Ambulatory Operations will assist in developing and revising ambulatory policies and procedures, and assist the CNO UNM Hospitals & Clinics with recruitment, retention, training and quality assurance. Promote high quality care with optimal efficiency in the administration of fiscal affairs and other activities concerning care throughout the clinical enterprise. Ensure adherence to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures. No patient care assignment.
Our ideal candidate will specifically possess:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or a healthcare-related discipline required
- 5-10 years progressively increasing healthcare administrative experience
- 5 years directly related experience in an academic health center, preferred
- Work to ensure quality, evidence-based patient care is provided. Monitor service quality and procedures and evaluate outcomes. Support achievement of improved patient satisfaction and improved patient outcomes
- Ensure proper allocation of financial resources, and monitor department budgets and spending
- Evaluate and implement special projects
- Assist ambulatory management with leadership and decision-making in all settings
- Assess clinic/department practices to promote better safety and patient-care delivery
- Oversee record-keeping and documentation
- Analyze areas of planning and operational efficiency and make recommendations for improvement. Assist in planning new services and programs
- Supervise multiple departments within the Hospitals as assigned
- Perform senior AOC rotation
- Promote, cooperate with, participate in, and conduct research and investigation studies designed to improve evidenced-based outcomes in clinical areas
- Represent the Ambulatory needs regarding improvements in the clinics including construction, renovation of structures, and purchase of capital equipment
- Participate in community, Health Sciences Center, Hospitals, and committees as appropriate; disseminate committee information as appropriate
- Collaborate with members of the community to promote good public relations
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise
UNM Health is New Mexico's only Level I Trauma Center—we care for patients with the most complex conditions from across the state. We are home to the only Burn Center in New Mexico, and we are the first NIH-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and award-winning Advanced Care Stroke Center.
UNM Health providers specialize in over 150 areas of medicine and employ over 7,000 professionals. Together, we receive 900,000 outpatient visits, 22,000 surgical cases and 100,000 emergency room visits each year.
UNM Health provides the highest quality of care for more than 200,000 New Mexicans each year. In 1952, UNM Hospital was built on Native American grounds, with the promise to provide culturally competent and inclusive care to all New Mexicans.
Since then, UNM Health has followed through with their mission of accessible, affordable care. UNM Health provided over $44 million in charitable care and financial assistance for services not covered by insurance or federal programs in 2018.
To extend the reach of our mission, we have implemented services and programs to care for patients across the state, including:
- Priority access to care for Native Americans
- LGBTQ+ care recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index
- Telehealth options
- Health Hub
The UNM Hospital Community Engagement (UNMHCE) department contributes to the overall well-being of the communities we serve to achieve positive health impact and outcomes through community engagement.
No matter your interests, Albuquerque has countless opportunities for you to explore. Sample traditional New Mexican cuisine that takes minutes to make and hundreds of years to prepare, experience world-class museums, stroll along Central Avenue under the vintage neon glow of Route 66, or soar high above the city in the hot air ballooning capital of the world — a sight sure to change your perspective.
Immerse yourself in the painted skies, abundant space and more than 310 days of sunshine, which make it possible to ski the slopes of the Sandia Mountains and play a round at one of our award-winning golf courses, all in the same day. Albuquerque is an oasis in the high desert, full of rich history and inspiring ideas. Plan your trip today and leave Albuquerque viewing your own world in a whole new light.
For more information on Albuquerque, please visit: The Official Website for Albuquerque, New Mexico Tourism | Visit Albuquerque