A hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico is searching for an Interim Manager of Case Management to join their team!
- The Interim Manager of Case Management will provide oversight and lead day-to-day operations of the Case Management department, with a strong emphasis in Utilization Management, in a 500-bed flagship hospital.
- Reporting to the Executive Director Care/Case Management, this leader will oversee a team of 16 FTEs.
- The leader will be expected to assess the department and personnel for areas of improvement. They will also be tasked with reviewing observation process, and identify areas to reduce stay length and conversion time. Finally, this leader will be tasked with finding a way to reduce second level review utilization.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, collaborative leader who can assess the current team and provide recommendations around best practices regarding Utilization Management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; RN and CCM certification preferred.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico’s largest city, sitting just an hour southwest of the state’s capital Santa Fe.
- Albuquerque enjoys blue skies and sunshine 310 days out of the year, making the city an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise and a magnificent place to enjoy outdoor sporting events, concerts, festivals and more.
- Recognized as one of the one of the most culturally diverse cities in the country, Albuquerque’s ethnic tapestry is reflected in its architecture, artwork, cultural centers and cuisine.
- As the “Hot Air Ballooning Capital of the World”, Albuquerque presents the unique opportunity to create unforgettable memories through year-round balloon rides, events, and festivities.
- The oldest natural landscape within the city is the forested waterfront alongside the Rio Grande, in what locals call the Bosque (Spanish for “forest”), a green area of gnarled old cottonwood and graceful coyote willow trees and small urban farms. It’s now a 4,300-acre state park with a 16-mile bike trail.
- Forbes and Popular Science magazines have recognized Albuquerque as one of the greenest cities in the country. The city also has one of the highest percentages of open space in the country. Albuquerque is committed to “green” initiatives.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.