AdventHealth’s Cancer Research Institute based in Orlando is excited to add a new Director of Oncology and Pediatric Research Operations to their leadership team!
- The Director of Oncology and Pediatric Clinical Research Operations is a member of the Senior Research Leadership team who, under the guidance of the Executive Director, is accountable for providing strategic planning, financial forecasts and establishing/maintaining the research infrastructure and activities of the Oncology and Pediatric Clinical Research Offices.
- This highly collaborative leader will be responsible for ongoing strategy development, service expansion and personnel management in the areas of study intake and throughput, performance accrual, phase I-III research operations and clinical data management relative to the Oncology and Pediatric research programs in close partnership with physician leadership, senior leadership and key external partners including Moffitt Cancer Center.
- The ideal candidate brings working knowledge and progressive leadership experience relative to oncology clinical research operations (industry sponsored, NCTN and physician led) with specific knowledge of NCI accreditations and standards.
- Responsible for the oversight of all clinical research staff, including Clinical Research Operations managers, supervisors, Study Intake Program managers, research support assistants and clinical research coordinators.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Research Administration or other relevant Healthcare field required; advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years’ progressive leadership experience; preferably in an academic environment or NCI designated cancer center.
- AdventHealth is a faith based non-profit organization comprised of 80,000 employees spanning across 50+ hospitals and 70+ outpatient facilities in 7 states nationwide.
- AdventHealth’s Central Florida Division is a research and academic medical hub including 20 hospitals and ER’s in seven counties surrounding metro Orlando totaling over 4,500 acute beds including the flagship, AdventHealth Orlando, which is proud to serve as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America.
- AdventHealth’s Cancer Research Institute is comprised of over 275 world-class team members committed to transforming health care through groundbreaking, innovative, globally-recognized whole person research with a portfolio of more than 500 clinical trials across a dozen therapeutic areas.
- AdventHealth and Moffitt Cancer Center opened doors of their joint Phase I Clinical Research Unit in 2021 and is another demonstration of their deep commitment to serving the community.
- Moffitt Cancer Center has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999 and is committed to partnering with AdventHealth on their pursuit of NCI designation by 2026.
- Orlando is home to the global sensation known as Walt Disney World, a family-friendly theme park designed to bring magic and wonder to visitors of all ages.
- You can enjoy dazzling culture, arts and theatrical performances such as Cirque du Soleil, the Blue Man Group, and museums in the refined community of Winter Park.
- U.S. News & World Report listed Orlando as #63 among Best Places to Live and #36 for Best Places to Retire.
- Dive into fun with a number of recreational activities including paddle boarding, hot air ballooning, swimming with manatees, jet skiing or sky diving.