Opportunity to Serve as Interim Chief Medical Officer for 212-Bed Hospital in California!
- The Interim Chief Medical Officer will serve as the executive physician leader for a 212-bed acute care hospital that is part of a health system. Medical staff includes 300+ physicians.
- This collaborative leader will work in close partnership with the Chief Nursing Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and other key clinical leaders to ensure the highest level of patient safety and care.
- Must bring 7+ years as a practicing physician and significant experience leading clinical quality improvement and medical management functions.
- MD or DO and active medical license in any state required.
- Healthcare management certification preferred.
- Apply Valley, California, is an ideal destination for work and play with its clean air, low crime rates, and open spaces permits.
- Known for its year-round, pleasant climate, residents and visitors enjoy 350 days of sunshine per year.
- Located in the heart of Victor Valley in the County of San Bernardino, Apple Valley has a multitude of parks and beautiful mountainous view for you to enjoy.
- Take in a leisurely game of golf or enjoy hiking, biking, or horseback riding on one of the town’s many extensive trails.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k) retirement plan; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!