Join Memorial Medical Center-Ashland, a not-for-profit community-oriented organization, as their new Director of Rehabilitation Services in Ashland, Wisconsin!
- The Director of Rehabilitation Services will be responsible for the planning, staffing, organization, and operational oversight of the Rehabilitation department within Memorial Medical Center-Ashland.
- Reporting to the System Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Director of Rehabilitation Services will oversee physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy and will ensure that implemented processes are consistently followed to allow for optimal patient care.
- The Director will be responsible for the oversight and implementation of access, quality improvement, and process improvement to ensure that the department is consistently aligned with the organization.
- Responsible for leading the department in the strategic planning, organization, and development of departmental initiatives and will analyze current trends, performance metrics, and statistics to determine growth opportunities for the department including the growth of sports medicine and athletic training specialties.
- Seeking a collaborative leader who will display excellent communication, problem solving, innovation, openness to adopting new practices, creative and organizational skills to be able to efficiently engage with other departmental heads as well as actively participate in ongoing education and training initiatives.
- The Director must be willing to adequately adhere to implemented organizational standards, procedures, and expectations including professionalism, compassion, and following all ethical social standards while interacting with staff members, leadership, and while representing Memorial Medical Center throughout the community.
- Candidates must be able to portray a high-level of respect, adaptability, strategy, and collaboration and will strive to increase employee engagement, communication, and morale within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, or other related field is required; master’s is preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience within an acute care setting is required.
- Healthcare experience is required.
- Founded in the 1970’s, Memorial Medical Center (MMC) is a not-for-profit Critical Access Hospital with 60+ full-time physicians who are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of their community.
- MMC prides themselves on strictly adhering to their values including respect, value, quality, communication, knowledge, and safety to ensure that their community is effectively greeted with kind and effective care.
- MMC offers inpatient and outpatient services including medical-surgical; intensive care; obstetrics including labor, delivery, postpartum and recovery (LDPR) suites; behavioral health; and 24-hour emergency care.
- MMC is proud to be a DAISY Award Hospital since 2018. The DAISY Award is an international program to honor the superhuman work nurses do for their patients and families every day.
- For those drawn to the water, Ashland County is home to many public outdoor recreational areas including the greatest of the Great Lakes – Lake Superior, Chequamegon Bay, Big Bay State Park on Madeline Island and a large portion of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- The Apostle Islands National Lakeshore features 12 miles of rocky shorelines, sandy beaches, island lighthouses, sea caves, wildlife viewing and an unmatched camping experience. To explore the area’s natural beauty at a slower pace, you might enjoy some of Ashland’s more popular winter pastimes like cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.
- Ashland County offers more than 200 miles of well-kept trails, which makes for an optimal snowmobiling experience. Adding to the abundance of outdoor highlights, Ashland residents also take recreation in birding, boating, cycling, mountain biking, fishing, golfing, hunting, kayaking and exploring the area’s half dozen waterfalls.