Seeking Community-Oriented Healthcare Executive to Serve as Chief Executive Officer at West Holt Memorial, a Critical Access Hospital in Nebraska!
- The Chief Executive Officer is a servant leader, dedicated to identifying and delivering key resources to best meet the needs of West Holt Memorial patients, families, and staff.
- Focus on development, strengthening the skills and confidence of other hospital leaders, and providing opportunities for growth and learning.
- The Chief Executive Officer is active and intentional in physician relations, making sure to foster relationships, enhance recruitment, and improve engagement.
- This executive must place integrity and community as top priorities and demonstrate a strong commitment to serving rural areas.
- Prior Chief Executive Officer leadership experience and Master’s degree are highly preferred.
- Experience in a critical access hospital or rural health clinic is preferred.
- Atkinson is a quaint farm-town in north-central Nebraska, lying just north of the Elkhorn River.
- Residents of Atkinson make it a point to celebrate community and be neighborly; this is demonstrated by open events like Atkinson Hay Days, City-Wide Garage Sales in the summer, and renovations to the Atkinson Mill Race Park that were completed in 2017.
- The cultural community of Atkinson is a mixture of the locals living in and near town, as well as many families living on outlying farms and ranches.
- Atkinson have a 10,500 square foot community center, a strong school system, a brand new library, a public golf course, and a public swimming pool. The community has many churches and other active organizations that range from the American Legion to classic car clubs.
- West Holt Memorial Hospital is a 17-bed critical access hospital and rural health clinic offering 24-hour access to inpatient medical care and emergency services.
- Recognized as a 2020 Top 20 Critical Access Hospital in Patient Satisfaction by National Rural Health Association, West Holt is underway with a $3.9 million renovation and expansion project. The project is scheduled to be completed in 2021 and will expand the specialty clinic, build a new surgical suite addition, and renovate the laboratory and administrative offices.
- West Holt takes part in community events like HealthaPalooza and Healthcare Career Days to keep residents of all ages engaged and educated on wellness, health and the great work healthcare professionals do.
- The hospital serves 10,000 patients annually and is constantly pursuing new avenues to provide optimal care including Parkinson’s Therapy, an on-site retail pharmacy and discounted wellness labs each Friday.