Lead Supply Chain and Logistics for a Major Health System in Historic Augusta GA, as Director, Supply Chain Management!
- Responsible for the overall strategic and operational leadership for all health system related supply chain activities, including but not limited to: Procurement, Contract Management, Value Analysis, Material Management, Information System Maintenance, Mail Services, Linen and Asset Management.
- The ideal candidate will bring a transformational leadership style as they guide the strategic direction and optimization of all Purchasing, Material Management and Logistical operations for the Health System.
- Reporting to the CFO, this collaborative leader will play an integral role in promoting organizational and financial stewardship through aggressive cost containment, GPO optimization, vendor management, supplier diversity and implementation of clinical products and services.
- 7 years + experience in Supply Chain Management required, 10 years + preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Based in Augusta, Georgia, Augusta University Health is a world-class health care network, offering the most comprehensive primary, specialty and subspecialty care in the region including the area’s only Level 1 Trauma and Level IV Neonatal ICU.
- Augusta University Medical Center was recently awarded the certificate of need and will be moving forward on a new 100 bed hospital in Columbia County.
- As the primary teaching affiliate of the Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University Health provides skilled, compassionate care to its patients, conducts leading-edge clinical research, and fosters the medical education and training of tomorrow’s health care practitioners.
- A community of caregivers made up of the most sought after and specialized medical and research professionals in their fields, offering the most advanced health care services in a 478-bed adult hospital, the 154-bed Children’s Hospital of Georgia, the Georgia Cancer Center, and more than 100 primary and specialty care clinics across Georgia and South Carolina.
- Augusta is Georgia’s second oldest and second largest city and is full of history, atmosphere, Southern charm and activities to engage everyone’s interest including arts, culture, shopping, fine cuisine, sports and many recreational activities
- Relocate America ranked Augusta 7th in “Top 10 Places to Live in 2011”
- Augusta is nestled along the banks of the Savannah River and is under three hours from Charleston, South Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina and Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta hosts a number of major sporting events including the Ironman Triathlon, the GRU Augusta Half Marathon and 10K, the Augusta Invitational Regatta, the Georgia Junior Championship and the prestigious Masters Tournament.