MaineGeneral Health (MGH) is a comprehensive, independent non-profit health system. With revenues exceeding $500M, MGH is a market-leading health system with an outstanding reputation for delivering high-quality healthcare services. The health system includes MaineGeneral Medical Center and its two campuses; The Alfond Center for Health in Augusta, which provides inpatient and outpatient care, and the Thayer Center for Health in Waterville, which provides comprehensive outpatient care and a 24/7 Emergency Department. In addition to these two main facilities, MGH is home to the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care, as well as approximately 50 care sites across Maine.
The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) will provide leadership within the Human Resources function and support all areas of MGH by developing and rewarding employees and developing and implementing Human Resources systems that attract, retain, develop, motivate, and reward a productive and engaged workforce. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CHRO will formulate and oversee Human Resources planning, policies, and practices in collaboration with executive leadership. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CHRO participates in the development of MGH’s vision, policies, and short/long-term objectives. The CHRO will oversee all HR practices and initiatives, including staff recruitment and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, capacity planning, and organizational development. The CHRO will be responsible for maintaining knowledge of Human Resources trends and recommending cost effective and efficient solutions. Additionally, the CHRO will serve as the liaison for Human Resources initiatives between the Board of Directors, executive leadership, management, professional organizations, and regulatory agencies.Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field is required.
- Advanced degree (MBA or MA) in Human Resources, Business Administration, Health Administration, or Industrial Psychology is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of seven or more years' progressively responsible experience in Human Resource management with demonstrated expertise across the continuum of Human Resource functions/operations, change management, and process improvement.
- Proven experience as either a sitting CHRO for an independent hospital / health system or a number two human resources leader within multi-hospital system or complex hospital within a health system is required.
- Healthcare HR experience is highly preferred. HR leadership experience outside of healthcare is a plus.
Augusta is the capital of Maine and the county seat of Kennebec County. Located on the Kennebec River at the head of tide, Augusta is home to the University of Maine at Augusta. Throughout its long history, Augusta has been a frontier trading place, an inland shipping port, and a center for publishing and manufacturing, and now, post-secondary education.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced healthcare human resources executive to join a dynamic, successful, highly reputable healthcare organization during a time of significant growth and change.