Exciting opportunity for an extraordinary leader to lead the new UTHSCT School of Medicine (SOM) as the Founding Dean
- The Founding Dean will begin the process of establishing a medical school in Tyler offering the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree
- Providing specialty training with an emphasis on rural health care utilizing the existing residency programs at UTHSCT.
- Plans underway include expansion of facilities and residency slots.
- UT Tyler recently merged with UTHSC at Tyler to create a single, integrated university providing a seamless environment for students and faculty to learn, teach, conduct research, and deliver health care in a single, fully integrated academic and medical setting.
- UTHSCT offers award-winning patient care in its 1000-bed, $1B health system, schools for community and rural health, and medical biological sciences, with additional programs for health education, and biomedical and clinical research.
- Significant academic, clinical, and administrative experience in a university health science center or comparable organization, preferably at the rank of professor or associate professor;
- Experience as an outstanding educator with distinguished clinical or research accolades;
- Ideally, experience in a newer medical school or one seeking accreditation or re-accreditation, and MD, DO, MD/PhD, or equivalent, along with Board Certification in a clinical discipline
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.