Head to Austin where you’ll join Central Texas’ only Magnet-designated, Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and teaching hospital as the Director of Pediatric Surgical Services
$30,000 sign-on bonus!
- The Director of Pediatric Surgical Services oversees the development, market strategy and operational improvement for the surgical service line within a 240-bed children’s teaching hospital, which spans pre-anesthetic testing clinic, scheduling, pre-op, operating room, post-anesthesia care unit, sedation services, central sterile processing, and the interventional/cath lab
- Seeking a highly-motivated and engaging clinical leader to set and meet high expectations for patient care including key performance indicators such as quality outcomes, patient safety, physician satisfaction and recruitment/retention of top talent
- Work collaboratively with staff, peers and executive leaders to ensure surgical services operates as a compliant, efficient and financially sound service line
- Minimum BSN with Master’s degree required; plus experience in surgical or perioperative leadership
- Magnet hospital experience required
- Must have significant background in surgery, preferably within an academic hospital setting
Earn $5,000 For Referring a Peer!
- We value your help connecting us with qualified peers and are offering a special $5,000 bonus for a limited time if you refer a Perioperative leader who is placed in this role. Click the "Refer a Colleague" button or here to learn more.
- Dell Children’s Medical Center (DCMC) is a 240-bed facility located 4 miles north of downtown Austin and serves Central Texas as the only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, Level I Children’s Surgery Center and Level IV NICU in the area
- Dell Children’s Medical Center is entering its fifth re-designation as a Magnet hospital and operates as an academic affiliate with Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin
- With over $700 million invested in future growth plans, not to mention an additional $30 million committed by the Dell family themselves, DCMC is projected to attain recognition as one of the Top 10 children’s hospitals in the nation in the very near future
- The Dell Children’s Specialty Pavilion is currently under construction, slated to open in 2021, and will operate as a four-story, state-of-the-art pediatric outpatient facility, housing world-class cardiovascular, neurosciences, and cancer programs all within 160,000 square feet
- DCMC is the only hospital in the world to earn platinum certification from the U.S. Green Building Council for outstanding Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Located in Central Texas, on the eastern edge of the American Southwest, Austin is the capital of Texas
- The city is known for its eclectic live-music scene centered on country, blues and rock
- Thanks to Austin’s mild climate, the ability to enjoy outdoor activities virtually year-round makes this the ideal destination for any outdoor enthusiast
- Austin is home to a wonderful ballet, world-class museums, one of a kind shopping and beautiful outdoor spaces