American Heart Association Award Winning Medical Center is in search of an Administrative Director of Heart Transplant
- The Administrative Director of Heart Transplant will oversee the organizations Joint Commission accredited program including heart transplants, heart failure, VAD, cardiac rehab, and all inpatient operations associated with the transplant program.
- The new Director will focus their time and energy on operations and strategy for the program, as well as building and growing the program to its full potential.
- The ideal candidate will bring joint commission, UNOS and heart transplant experience – as well as experience developing emerging leaders and leading through change.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred. Candidates with administrative, operations and/or clinical backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Ascension Health is one of the nation’s leading not-for-profit Catholic health systems offering 145 hospitals and over 2,600 care locations in 19 states.
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin Hospital in Austin, Texas, is a 391 bed full-service hospital with 24/7 emergency care and Comprehensive Level 1 Stroke Center.
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is a destination for specialty care - including heart and vascular health, stroke care, lung and esophageal cancers, maternity services and women's health. They have also been awarded the Gold Plus Level Performance Award from the American Heart Association.
- Ascension Seton is a statewide leader in cardiac transplants and ventricular assist devices (VAD). They are the only hospital in Central Texas to have earned Joint Commission certification for a Destination Therapy Ventricular Assist Device Program and Heart Transplant Certification from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, they commit themselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Their Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. They are advocates for a compassionate and just society through their actions and their words.
- Located in Central Texas, on the eastern edge of the American Southwest, Austin is the capital of Texas.
- Austin is known as the Live Music Capital of the World®, popular for its eclectic live-music scene centered on country, blues and rock.
- With 300+ days of sunshine and an average temperature of 68 degrees, being active in Austin comes naturally, which solidifies its reputation as one of America’s fittest cities.
- Thanks to Austin’s mild climate, the abundance of outdoor activities like hiking, paddle boarding, cycling or kayaking makes this an ideal destination for any outdoor enthusiast.
- Austin is home to a wonderful ballet, world-class museums, one of a kind shopping and eclectic attractions like haunted houses and vampire tours.