Join Memorial Hospital - Bakersfield, a member of Dignity Health network, as the new Operating Room Manager in California
- Reporting to the Director of Perioperative Services, the OR Manager serves as an expert resource to Operating Room staff, providing leadership regarding nursing best practices and AORN standards
- Scope spans 15 PACU bays, 50+ RNs across 10 Operating Rooms, plus neuro, cardio and other high acuity cases
- The OR Manager will prioritize accountability, manage daily operations in the OR, tackle staffing challenges head on, be a listening ear to the team staff and improve professionalism across the department
- Provide visible leadership in a strong union environment, identifying new ways to connect team behavior to the overall patient experience
- Seeking a confident OR leader with the ability to influence behavior, build trust and drive engagement with staff
- Must have 3+ years of Operating Room clinical experience and at least a year of supervisory/management experience in the area
- Minimum BSN required; must possess or obtain California RN license
- Dignity Health Memorial Hospital earned the 2020 Mission: Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. This award signifies a commitment to guideline adherence and quality improvement for the STEMI patient population
- Bakersfield Memorial Hospital has been awarded a $15 million grant from the Children’s Hospital Program of 2018 to advance comprehensive pediatric services and create an 8,000 square foot dedicated pediatric surgical services area within Memorial Hospital which will include two dedicated operating rooms, a pre-op and recovery area, nursing stations and support areas
- Memorial Hospital is designated as a Blue Distinction Center® by Blue Shield of California for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Care, and Maternity Care
- Memorial Hospitals received the Gold Seal of Approval and Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center from The Joint Commission
- UNICEF/WHO's Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative has recognized Memorial Hospitals as Baby-Friendly® hospitals, the highest accreditation for birth centers.
- Memorial Hospital has received its 2nd consecutive 'A' rating from The Leapfrog Group
- Bakersfield is located two hours north of Los Angeles and is partially surrounded by three mountain ranges
- Abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, twenty-minute average commute times, plus the most affordable housing in California provide residents with an attractive place to call home
- With a metropolitan population of over 330,000, the area offers several natural attractions. It is within two hours of Pacific Ocean beaches, mountains, and the Giant Sequoia National monument.
- Bakersfield is home to one of the fastest flowing rivers west of the Mississippi, the Kern River, where white water rafters enjoy the great outdoors. Others enjoy leisurely walking, biking, and roller skating activities along the Kern River Parkway with its 12-foot wide bike path that meanders alongside the Kern River.
- The Bakersfield area leads California in affordable homes, has a low cost of living, and a high quality of life.