Top Five Psychiatric Hospital in Baltimore is Seeking a Nursing Leader to Oversee Its Thought Disorders Unit!
- The Unit Manager will provide operational management of The Thought Disorders Unit, a 21-bed unit that is only one of a few specialized programs across the country to specifically treat patients with psychotic illnesses, including Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder, Bipolar Disorders, and Neuropsychiatric Disorders.
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Clinical Services, the Unit Manager will supervise approximately 40 FTEs across nursing, social work, rehabilitation services, and support staff.
- Oversight areas include budget and unit resources, all staffing including employee development, maintaining or exceeding projected census, quality improvement, and program marketing activities.
- The Unit Manager is a highly visible leader who must be able to effectively collaborate with large teams within the unit and across the hospital to drive patient care outcomes.
- Must bring 3+ years of progressive nursing leadership experience in inpatient psychiatric services.
- BSN and active RN license required. Can work towards obtaining a Maryland state RN license.
- Sheppard Pratt Hospital is a psychiatric facility and teaching hospital. As leaders in the psychiatry field, the hospital was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the #5 “Best Hospitals for Psychiatry” in the country.
- Sheppard Pratt includes numerous inpatient units across two hospital campuses. With its history dating back to 1853, Sheppard Pratt currently provides 160+ programs through robust mental health, special education, co-occurring disorders, developmental disability, and social services offerings. Sheppard Pratt serves 70,000+ people each year in its hospitals, clinics, programs, and schools.
- Recent program additions include the Center for Eating Disorders, a 16-bed residential program that opened in 2001, the Neuropsychiatry Program founded in 2011, and the Crisis Walk-In Clinic. In 2016, Sheppard Pratt also partnered with the Greater Baltimore Medical Center to bring mental health care directly into primary care practices.
- As of October 2018, Sheppard Pratt broke ground on a new campus in Howard County, MD, which will include an 85-bed, 156,000-square-foot hospital with inpatient, partial hospital, and crisis services. The campus will also include a 76,000-square-foot medical office building as well as two building pads for future expansion.
- Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland and serves as the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic.
- The city is home to the National Aquarium, Orioles baseball, Ravens football, waterfront restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and professional theaters.
- A historical treasure, Baltimore is the birthplace of the National Anthem.
- Baltimore sits less than an hour from Washington, D.C., providing easy access to all the historical attractions of the nation’s capital.