Lead One of the Country’s Top Eating Disorders Programs as Its New Manager!
- The Unit Manager will provide operational management of The Center for Eating Disorders, an inpatient unit and partial hospitalization program that is one of the nation's leading programs for the treatment of children, teens, and adults with eating disorders.
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Nursing, the Unit Manager will supervise approximately 50 FTEs across nursing, social work, rehabilitation services, and support staff.
- Oversight areas include budget and unit resources, all staffing including employee development, maintaining or exceeding projected census, quality improvement, and program marketing activities.
- The Unit Manager is a highly visible leader who must be able to effectively collaborate with large teams within the unit and across the hospital to drive patient care outcomes.
- Must bring 3+ years of progressive nursing leadership. Experience with eating disorder services is strongly preferred.
- BSN required
- Sheppard Pratt Hospital is a psychiatric facility and teaching hospital. As leaders in the psychiatry field, the hospital was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the #5 “Best Hospitals for Psychiatry” in the country.
- With its history dating back to 1853, Sheppard Pratt currently provides 160+ programs and has been improving the quality of life for communities across Maryland for nearly two centuries. The hospital offers robust mental health, special education, co-occurring disorders, developmental disability, and social services throughout Maryland and serves 70,000+ people each year in its hospitals, clinics, programs, and schools.
- Sheppard Pratt includes numerous inpatient units across two hospital campuses. Recent program additions include the Center for Eating Disorders, a 16-bed residential program that opened in 2001, the Neuropsychiatry Program founded in 2011, and the Crisis Walk-In Clinic. In 2016, Sheppard Pratt also partnered with the Greater Baltimore Medical Center to bring mental health care directly into primary care practices.
- As of October 11, 2018, Sheppard Pratt broke ground on a new campus in Howard County, MD, which will include an 85-bed, 156,000-square-foot hospital with inpatient, partial hospital, and crisis services. The campus will also include a 76,000-square-foot medical office building as well as two building pads for future expansion.
- Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland and serves as the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic.
- The city is home to the National Aquarium, Orioles baseball, Ravens football, waterfront restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and professional theaters.
- A historical treasure, Baltimore is the birthplace of the National Anthem.
- Baltimore sits less than an hour from Washington, D.C., providing easy access to all the historical attractions of the nation’s capital.