Seeking a collaborative, quality driven leader to take on the role of Associate Director of Nursing
- The Associate Director of Nursing will be responsible for the oversight of multiple inpatient behavioral health service lines.
- Demonstrate a passion and compassion as it pertains to working in the Behavioral Health field and driving transformational leadership.
- The DON fosters a collaborative culture while engaging shared governance and maintaining communication with staff and senior leadership.
- Focus on quality and process improvement, demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills, and facilitate team building.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to work efficiently and effectively within complex and challenging environments.
- 5+ years of progressive clinical care experience including 3+ years of management.
- Must bring previous Director of Nursing experience in addition to strong nursing leadership and retention skills.
- BSN degree required; MSN highly preferred.
- The DON will be based out of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
- Sheppard Pratt Hospital is a psychiatric facility and teaching hospital. As leaders in the psychiatry field, the hospital was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the #5 “Best Hospitals for Psychiatry” in the country.
- Sheppard Pratt includes numerous inpatient units across two hospital campuses. With its history dating back to 1853, Sheppard Pratt currently provides 160+ programs through robust mental health, special education, co-occurring disorders, developmental disability, and social services offerings. Sheppard Pratt serves 70,000+ people each year in its hospitals, clinics, programs, and schools.
- The organizations has more than 160 programs across 16 Maryland counties, has more than 380 sites of service, and serves 41 states and 21 countries.
- Past program additions include the Center for Eating Disorders, a 16-bed residential program that opened in 2001, the Neuropsychiatry Program founded in 2011, and the Crisis Walk-In Clinic. In 2016, Sheppard Pratt also partnered with the Greater Baltimore Medical Center to bring mental health care directly into primary care practices.
- Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland and serves as the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic.
- The city is home to the National Aquarium, Orioles baseball, Ravens football, waterfront restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and professional theaters.
- A historical treasure, Baltimore is the birthplace of the National Anthem.
- Baltimore sits less than an hour from Washington, D.C., providing easy access to all the historical attractions of the nation’s capital.