Serve as System Director of Nursing Education & Professional Development at one of the Nation’s Largest Private Mental Health Organization for Behavioral Health Services
- Reporting to the System Assistant Chief Nursing Officer, the System Director of Nursing Education & Professional Development will continue to develop a ‘world class’ nursing culture, and clinical ladder program through continuous support of shared governance.
- This System Director will demonstrate proven success in building and developing highly functional nursing education programs and professional development within teams.
- The System Director will identify development and training needs, develop training programs, and monitor their effectiveness.
- The System Director will actively work to develop a clinical ladder for nursing and support staff. They will work to improve current department externship and bring the program to new levels. Finally, this leader will provide recommendations on nursing educator structure across the department.
- The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge on theories of teaching, learning and evaluation, substantial knowledge of nursing and related areas of instruction, and experience developing programming in a large healthcare system. Excellent communication, presentation, management, and strong critical thinking skills will be required.
- Master’s degree in Education or Nursing with a focus in education required. Active RN license required.
- Sheppard Pratt is the nation’s largest private, nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, special education, developmental disability, and social services, they are here to serve every need you have.
- Sheppard Pratt hosts more than 380 locations servicing 41 states and 21 countries. They proudly serve on average 70,000 people annually and offer more than 160 programs across 16 Maryland Counties.
- Named one of the nation’s top 10 psychiatric hospitals by U.S. News and World Report for 30 years, Sheppard Pratt has consistently ranked as a top national psychiatric hospital by U.S. News & World Report and their world-class investigators are changing lives daily, identifying new and effective ways to treat some of the most common mental illnesses.
- The Retreat at Sheppard Pratt provides expert psychiatric care and residential mental health services in a beautiful setting. At their highly personalized treatment program, experienced doctors lead every aspect of care, meaning the residents have the opportunity to make meaningful progress toward recovery. As a self-pay program, they have the freedom and flexibility to provide the personalized care needed for a lasting recovery.
- They make accessing life-changing care easy no matter where you live: whether you want to receive treatment in a hospital, in a school, in a community mental health clinic, or even in your home, they make it happen.
- Baltimore is the most populous city in the state of Maryland, as well as the 30th most populous city in the United States. It also serves as the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic. All around, Baltimore has more than a dozen neighborhoods, all with a distinct local flavor.
- This East Coast city sits along the Chesapeake Bay, with the Appalachian Mountains to its West and is filled with lots of shopping, entertainment venues and parks.
- The city is home to the National Aquarium, Orioles baseball, Ravens football, waterfront restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and professional theaters. It’s even the birthplace of the National Anthem!
- Patapsco Valley State Park extends for 32 miles along the Patapsco River. With more than 16,000 acres of space, the park offers plenty to do, from swimming and hiking to horseback riding. There is also a thriving farm-to-table scene with area restaurants working in partnership with local growers.
- Baltimore is only 2 hours for Philly and 4 hours from NYC. Visitors can enjoy the varieties of aquatic creatures at National Aquarium, walk the historic grounds of Fort McHenry, and even catch a game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Within an hour are all the attractions of Washington, DC.