Excellent upward mobility potential as Eastern Maine Medical Center’s next Senior Vice President, Finance in Bangor, Maine
- The Senior Vice President, Finance is responsible for the day-to-day financial operational activities of Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC) and monitoring compliance with the system’s accounting policy, as well as working with other departments to implement best practices throughout EMMC and EMMC Medical Group.
- The SVP is responsible for revenue and growth, costs and margin-control, and monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goal management.
- Matrixed reporting relationship to the System CFO and EMMC President, this individual will serve as the top finance leader for the flagship hospital and partner with the System CFO to develop financial strategies.
- The successful candidate will possess a strong financial and technical acumen paired with the ability to operate on a strategic level.
- Minimum of 15+ years progressive financial accounting and management experience in health care required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration required.
- CPA preferred.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC), a member of Northern Light Health (NLH), is a 411-bed tertiary care facility that is clinically affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. With 450+ physicians, EMMC is the specialty referral hospital for the northern two-thirds of Maine, providing leading edge programs in cancer, surgery, and cardiac care, among others.
- For more than 15 years, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center has been a leader in robotic surgery. In 2012, the medical center was designated the nation's first general and bariatric surgery robotic epicenter by Intuitive Surgical, the sole maker of the daVinci surgical robot.
- In 2016, a 361,000-square-foot tower was added and is Phase 1 of a multiphase modernization of Eastern Maine Medical Center.
- EMMC is proud to be a partner hospital of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and hosts a biennial perinatal education conference that draws nurses, physicians, and healthcare providers from the New England area who care for obstetrical and neonatal patients.
- EMMC serves as the main campus for Northern Light Cancer Care. A proud member of the Dana Farber Cancer Care Collaborative, Northern Light Cancer Care demonstrates a long-standing commitment to improved access and best in class cancer care through increased collaboration with cancer specialists at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI).
- Bangor, Maine, is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Locals take advantage of numerous outdoor adventures such as hiking, sailing, canoeing, hunting, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
- With Husson University and the University of Maine nearby, Brewer offers ample opportunities for those seeking higher education.
- Located on the western bank of the Penobscot River, Bangor offers a thriving art scene, year-round festivals, and the Bangor Symphony Orchestra – one of the oldest symphonies in the country.
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, and endless fresh lobster.