Serve as an operational leader and direct initiatives when you take on the role of Emergency Department Manager at Eastern Maine Medical Center!
- The Emergency Department Manager is responsible for upholding fiscal and operational standards of care and service within the emergency department.
- The Manager plays a key role in the implementation of the organization’s goals, priorities, and strategies as well as acts as the operational leader for specialty programming and relationships with EMMC service lines and community partners.
- Serves as the primary strategist for EMS partnerships in the Region and is the operational leader for Emergency Preparedness activities in the Emergency Department.
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate compassion, foster accountability, cultivate respect and behave with integrity.
- RN license required including 3+ years of experience relevant to the role.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC), a member of Northern Light Health (NLH), is a 411-bed tertiary care facility that is clinically affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. With 450+ physicians, EMMC is the specialty referral hospital for the northern two-thirds of Maine, providing leading edge programs in cancer, surgery, and cardiac care, among others.
- For more than 15 years, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center has been a leader in robotic surgery. In 2012, the medical center was designated the nation's first general and bariatric surgery robotic epicenter by Intuitive Surgical, the sole maker of the daVinci surgical robot.
- In 2016, a 361,000-squart-foot tower was added and is Phase 1 of a multiphase modernization of Eastern Maine Medical Center.
- EMMC is proud to be a partner hospital of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and hosts a biennial perinatal education conference that draws nurses, physicians, and healthcare providers from the New England area who care for obstetrical and neonatal patients.
- EMMC serves as the main campus for Northern Light Cancer Care. A proud member of the Dana Farber Cancer Care Collaborative, Northern Light Cancer Care demonstrates a long-standing commitment to improved access and best in class cancer care through increased collaboration with cancer specialists at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI).
- Bangor, Maine, is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Locals take advantage of numerous outdoor adventures such as hiking, sailing, canoeing, hunting, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
- With Husson University and the University of Maine nearby, Brewer offers ample opportunities for those seeking higher education.
- Located on the western bank of the Penobscot River, Bangor offers a thriving art scene, year-round festivals, and the Bangor Symphony Orchestra – one of the oldest symphonies in the country.
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, and endless fresh lobster.