Seeking Collaborative and Growth-Minded Nursing Leader for AVP, Emergency Services and Trauma Role at Eastern Maine Medical Center!
- The AVP, Emergency Services and Trauma will lead the strategy and delivery of emergency and trauma services, critical care transport, central nurse staffing, and scheduling for Eastern Maine Medical Center, which sees close to 38,000 Emergency Department visits per year.
- Reporting to the VP of Nursing and Patient Care Services, the AVP will oversee approximately 250 FTEs and serve an integral role in coaching and developing nursing leaders within the department.
- This strategic leader will employ evidence-based best practices to drive the redesign of quality and patient experience for the service line.
- Must bring 5+ years of relevant emergency and trauma management experience.
- Experience in a Magnet facility preferred.
- BSN, Master’s degree, and active nursing license required.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC), a member of Northern Light Health (NLH), is a 411-bed tertiary care facility that is clinically affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. With 450+ physicians, EMMC provides comprehensive care services to the northern two-thirds of Maine.
- For more than 15 years, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center has been a leader in robotic surgery. In 2012, the medical center was designated the nation's first general and bariatric surgery robotic epicenter by Intuitive Surgical, the sole maker of the daVinci surgical robot.
- In 2016, a 361,000-squart-foot tower was added and is Phase 1 of a multiphase modernization of Eastern Maine Medical Center.
- EMMC serves as the main campus for Northern Light Cancer Care. A proud member of the Dana Farber Cancer Care Collaborative, Northern Light Cancer Care demonstrates a long-standing commitment to improved access and best in class cancer care through increased collaboration with cancer specialists at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI).
- Bangor, Maine, is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Locals take advantage of numerous outdoor adventures such as hiking, sailing, canoeing, hunting, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
- With Husson University and the University of Maine nearby, Brewer offers ample opportunities for those seeking higher education.
- Located on the western bank of the Penobscot River, Bangor offers a thriving art scene, year-round festivals, and the Bangor Symphony Orchestra – one of the oldest symphonies in the country.
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, and endless fresh lobster.