Seeking Nursing Leader to Drive Critical Care, Clinical Education, and Respiratory Medicine Service Line Strategy and Success for Health System’s Flagship Hospital in Maine!
- Reporting to the VP of Nursing/Chief Nursing Officer, the AVP for Critical Care, Clinical Education, and Respiratory Medicine will provide service line leadership at the system’s flagship 400+ bed hospital, Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC).
- Oversight includes close to 70 beds, covering Intensive Care, Cardiac Critical Care, Pediatric Intensive Care, and clinical educators and respiratory therapists that support the entire hospital.
- The AVP serves as a visible leader for the service line, promoting employee development and engagement within the service line, as well as advocating for the acute care through outpatient programming across the health system and within the community.
- With responsibility for meeting financial and clinical objectives, the AVP will partner closely with leadership, physicians, nurses, and staff to ensure overall success of the service line.
- Must bring 5+ years of nursing experience in a related field, 3+ years of which are in a leadership role. A strong background in critical care nursing and Magnet facility experience is preferred.
- BSN and Master’s degree required.
- Northern Light Health (formerly known as Eastern Maine Healthcare System) is the most expansive integrated health care system in Maine, comprised of 9 member hospitals with 584 long-term beds, a single physician-led medical group, 8 nursing homes, 5 emergency transport members, 37 primary care locations, and more than 12,000 employees.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC), a member of Northern Light Health (NLH), is a 411-bed tertiary care facility that is clinically affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. With 450+ physicians, EMMC is the specialty referral hospital for the northern two-thirds of Maine, providing leading edge programs in cancer, surgery, and cardiac care, among others.
- Northern Light Health offers a wide range of health services including acute care, medical-surgical hospitals, a free-standing acute psychiatric hospital, primary care and specialty practices, long-term care and home health agencies, and ground air emergency transport services.
- Brewer, Maine, is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Locals take advantage of numerous outdoor adventures such as hiking, sailing, canoeing, hunting, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
- With Husson University and the University of Maine nearby, Brewer offers ample opportunities for those seeking higher education.
- Along with the Brewer Performing Arts Center, the city is home to such entertainment including three theaters and an outdoor concert venue.
- The area around Bangor metro includes Acadia National Park, Baxter State Park, and other forests and waterways to marvel at and take part of.
- Located on the western bank of the Penobscot River, Brewer offers a thriving art scene, year-round festivals, and the Bangor Symphony Orchestra – one of the oldest symphonies in the country.