Lead Oncology Services as AVP for Northern Light Health, the most expansive integrated healthcare system in Maine
- The AVP, Oncology Service Line will hold accountability for overall care, operations, growth, and financial performance for all services lines offered by Lafayette Family Cancer Institute and Northern Light Health to include medical, radiation, infusion, cancer registry and research, support services, and rheumatology.
- Partnering closely with physicians, staff, and caregivers to ensure best clinical practices and operating units, the AVP will build long-term strategy for the system-wide oncology service line and develop Northern Light Cancer Care into a national model of quality, patient-centered coordinated care.
- The ideal leader will possess deep experience and understanding of oncology operations and related regulatory and accreditation processes, be able to effectively communicate among a host of different parties, and have prior experience working with cancer support organizations.
- A minimum of five years of healthcare leadership experience at the director level (or above) and progressive experience within the cancer service line is required.
- A Master’s degree in business administration, health administration, medicine, or nursing is required.
- Northern Light Health is the most expansive integrated health care system in Maine, comprised of ten member hospitals with 585 long-term beds, a single physician-led medical group, eight nursing homes, five emergency transport members, and 37 primary care locations.
- A proud member of the Dana Farber Cancer Care Collaborative, Northern Light Cancer Care demonstrates a long-standing commitment to improved access and best in class cancer care through increased collaboration with cancer specialists at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI).
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC) serves as the main campus for Northern Light Cancer Care, with the program continuing to expand in research, academic associations, the scope of services, and proud to take on the new building name of Lafayette Family Cancer Institute.
- Northern Light Health employs more than 12,000 people in Maine and provides care to residents from Portland to Presque Isle and from Blue Hill to Greenville.
- Brewer, Maine, is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes
- Locals take advantage of numerous outdoor adventures such as hiking, sailing, canoeing, hunting, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
- With Husson University and the University of Maine nearby, Brewer offers ample opportunities for those seeking higher education.
- Along with the Brewer Performing Arts Center, the city is home to such entertainment including three theaters and an outdoor concert venue.
- The area around Bangor metro includes Acadia National Park, Baxter State Park, and other forests and waterways to marvel at and take part of.
- Located on the western bank of the Penobscot River, Brewer offers a thriving art scene, year-round festivals, and the Bangor Symphony Orchestra – one of the oldest symphonies in the country.