Offering advanced surgical expertise and technology, Northern Light, Eastern Maine Medical Center is eager to add an Operating Room Manager to their team of experts!
- The Operating Room Manager is responsible for managing the department’s day-to-day operations, including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement.
- The Manager is accountable for developing action plans to contribute to the organization’s ability to carry out its mission and accomplish annual goals.
- Responsible for a suite with 23 ORs, including heavy robotics volume, and 2 dedicated hybrid/cardiac rooms in addition to a support structure including two Assistant Nurse Managers and one Perioperative Educator.
- Provides consultation in a dynamic environment in order to improve efficiency and patient experience as well as develop strategies to reduce cost without compromising safety and quality care.
- Ideal candidates will foster accountability, behave with integrity, build trust, and cultivate respect and compassion.
- BLS and CNOR certifications required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Active RN license required.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC), a member of Northern Light Health (NLH), is a 411-bed tertiary care facility that is clinically affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. With 450+ physicians, EMMC is the specialty referral hospital for the northern two-thirds of Maine, providing leading edge programs in cancer, surgery, and cardiac care, among others.
- For more than 15 years, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center has been a leader in robotic surgery. In 2012, the medical center was designated the nation's first general and bariatric surgery robotic epicenter by Intuitive Surgical, the sole maker of the daVinci surgical robot.
- In 2016, a 361,000-squart-foot tower was added and is Phase 1 of a multiphase modernization of Eastern Maine Medical Center.
- EMMC is proud to be a partner hospital of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and hosts a biennial perinatal education conference that draws nurses, physicians, and healthcare providers from the New England area who care for obstetrical and neonatal patients.
- EMMC serves as the main campus for Northern Light Cancer Care. A proud member of the Dana Farber Cancer Care Collaborative, Northern Light Cancer Care demonstrates a long-standing commitment to improved access and best in class cancer care through increased collaboration with cancer specialists at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI).
- Bangor, Maine, is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Locals take advantage of numerous outdoor adventures such as hiking, sailing, canoeing, hunting, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
- With Husson University and the University of Maine nearby, Brewer offers ample opportunities for those seeking higher education.
- Located on the western bank of the Penobscot River, Bangor offers a thriving art scene, year-round festivals, and the Bangor Symphony Orchestra – one of the oldest symphonies in the country.
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, and endless fresh lobster.