Associate VP of Women’s and Children’s Services Needed to Lead Service Line at Eastern Maine Medical Center!
- The Associate VP of Women’s and Children’s Services will lead the strategy, delivery, and evaluation of the service line, which covers inpatient acute care through outpatient and community programming. The department conducts approximately 1,800 deliveries per year and has a Level III Nursery and 17 pediatric beds.
- Seeking a strategic leader who can build strong partnerships with physicians, staff, and key stakeholders to move forward hospital and system-level priorities with an intentional focus on driving high standards of quality and patient experience for the service line.
- The AVP will mentor and develop nursing leadership within the department.
- Must bring 5+ years of nursing leadership experience in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in a Magnet facility preferred.
- BSN, Master’s degree, and active nursing license required.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC), a member of Northern Light Health (NLH), is a 411-bed tertiary care facility that is clinically affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. With 450+ physicians, EMMC is the specialty referral hospital for the northern two-thirds of Maine, providing leading edge programs in cancer, surgery, and cardiac care, among others.
- For more than 15 years, Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center has been a leader in robotic surgery. In 2012, the medical center was designated the nation's first general and bariatric surgery robotic epicenter by Intuitive Surgical, the sole maker of the daVinci surgical robot.
- In 2016, a 361,000-squart-foot tower was added and is Phase 1 of a multiphase modernization of Eastern Maine Medical Center.
- EMMC is proud to be a partner hospital of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and hosts a biennial perinatal education conference that draws nurses, physicians, and healthcare providers from the New England area who care for obstetrical and neonatal patients.
- EMMC serves as the main campus for Northern Light Cancer Care. A proud member of the Dana Farber Cancer Care Collaborative, Northern Light Cancer Care demonstrates a long-standing commitment to improved access and best in class cancer care through increased collaboration with cancer specialists at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI).
- Bangor, Maine, is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Locals take advantage of numerous outdoor adventures such as hiking, sailing, canoeing, hunting, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
- With Husson University and the University of Maine nearby, Brewer offers ample opportunities for those seeking higher education.
- Located on the western bank of the Penobscot River, Bangor offers a thriving art scene, year-round festivals, and the Bangor Symphony Orchestra – one of the oldest symphonies in the country.
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, and endless fresh lobster.