The President of the Baton Rouge Market is responsible for providing the strategic direction and operational oversight of the regional medical center and affiliated organizations in collaboration with the health system leadership team. The President is responsible to the board of trustees in managing community relationships and facilitating strong physician relationships to ensure quality and patient satisfaction in all services provided. In addition, the President is accountable for determining and overseeing policies and provide overall direction of the organization. Plans, directs, or coordinates operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives and staff managers.
Our Lady of the Lake is a not-for-profit healthcare ministry based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana with more than 7,500 employees and over 2,900 active physicians, including more than 600 employed physicians, committed to serving the Capital Region and building a healthy community through excellence in patient care and education. Entering its 99th year, Our Lady of the Lake is a Magnet designated 800-bed, $1.2B+ net revenue, Regional Medical Center. It is a primary teaching site for graduate medical education programs and is recognized in the areas of heart and vascular, trauma and emergency care, stroke, cancer care, minimally invasive procedures and more. Our Lady of the Lake is also the flagship hospital of Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System. Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System, based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is a 10 hospital, nonprofit, mission focused Catholic healthcare ministry that generates $2.8B+ in net revenue.
- Master's degree in healthcare or related field
- 10 years of management experience and at least 3 years executive level experience
- Experience working within an organization that has a strong commitment to Mission and a culture of caring
- Experience working within an integrated health system
- Experience in operating and leading a financially successful organization within a competitive environment
- Experience developing and/or managing partnerships and working with physicians in multiple practice models with a track record of partnering effectively with both employed and independent physicians.
- Experience in developing and nurturing effective business relationships with business and community leaders and other health care organizations.