Bring your expertise to this top-notch, award winning Medical Center in Baton Rouge as the new Director of Emergency Room
- The new Director of Emergency Room will be responsible for the strategic planning, direction, and overall accountability for the Baton Rouge General – Bluebonnet Campus and Ascension Campus’s Emergency Departments with a focus on driving quality patient-focused care that meets the needs of the community.
- This position is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to make an impact on a system and grow their career within the organization in the future.
- The Director will oversee up to 150 FTE’s that includes an ED Manager, RNs, LPNs, ER Techs, and Charge Nurses between the two Emergency Departments that see a combined 780-900 visits per month.
- Focus on workforce and staffing initiatives such as mentoring new nursing graduates and junior staff. The Director will ensure the staff is following the standard of practice while becoming a familiar presence within the Emergency Departments.
- Seeking a dynamic leader who brings Emergency Department expertise and a strong understanding of regulations and financials.
- Leaders with a passion for serving diverse communities are highly encouraged to apply.
- BSN required. TNCC or CEN preferred.
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center (BRGMC), known for its community and family-oriented culture, has become a fully integrated medical community with a physician network of more than 800, a hospital staff of more than 3,500, and more than 20 clinics and medical facilities.
- BRGMC continues to evolve to meet the demands of patients, and that means providing access to care for more patients than ever and creating a healthcare experience that isn’t a hassle including over 600 licensed beds between three campuses.
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center has a variety of educational opportunities and is proud to be affiliated with several medical school programs, including Tulane School of Medicine, LSU School of Medicine, the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, and William Carey University.
- By incorporating their values and vision they will lead the region in exceptional patient experiences and preserve and restore health, one person at a time. They have received an “A” rating for patient safety for the past 9 years along with being named one of the top 2%of hospitals nationwide for Overall Medical Care, and many more.
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana’s capital city, has a prime, central location—just an hour away from New Orleans and Lafayette. Located in Southeast Louisiana, Baton Rouge is the fifth largest city on the Mississippi River and offers endless outdoor adventures on the bayou, including kayaking, fishing, hiking trails and golfing.
- Nicknamed as "the Red Stick City," Baton Rouge has more than 300 years of history and is where Louisiana's capital, flagship university, and distinctive Cajun and Creole cultures all come together.
- With more than 830,000 residents in its metropolitan area, Baton Rouge boasts a thriving arts culture and food scene making it a hub for unique festivals all year long.
- With its vibrant culture, top-notch food scene and tight-knit community, Baton Rouge is a great place to call home — and it’s affordable. The cost of living is much lower than the national average, with housing costs up to 20% lower than neighboring southern metros.
- Affordability doesn’t come at the sacrifice of amenities — Baton Rouge has a revitalized downtown with live music, museums, art galleries and the walkable, bikeable Mississippi River Levee Path. The Parish also boasts one of the best library systems in America, and over 180 parks.