Come join this prestigious Oregon Health System as the Director of Risk Management and Patient Safety in a city known for its beauty and make it your own outdoor playground!
- As the new Director of Risk Management and Patient Safety you will be responsible for the quality, safety management and claims within the hospital system, while managing the daily operations of clinical Risk Management and Patient Safety Programs.
- This position will work closely with the Chief Legal and Risk Officer in collaborating on an enterprise risk management structure, as well as working with the Chief Operating Officer in maintaining and managing financial goals for department cost centers.
- The Director with oversee the improvement and implementation of current policies and procedures, and be a strong leader who can create a program to hold staff accountable.
- This leader will be onsite at the Bend flagship hospital, but will need to travel to other locations as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong, clinical background working within Quality and Patient Safety in an acute care setting.
- BSN required; Master’s degree preferred
- St. Charles Health System, a private, nonprofit Oregon corporation, began in 2001 as Cascade Health Services when St. Charles Medical Center in Bend merged with Central Oregon District Hospital in Redmond. Today, St. Charles owns and operates medical centers in Bend, Redmond, Prineville and Madras.
- With four hospitals and more than 220 employed medical providers, St. Charles Health System is the largest provider of medical care in Central Oregon.
- St. Charles Bend is Oregon's only Level II Trauma Center east of the Cascades.
- More than 350 active medical staff members make it possible for St. Charles to deliver a wide range of excellent care in a compassionate, healing environment.
- Located three hours from Portland, Bend, Oregon is on the eastern edge of the Cascades mountain range and under the volcanic peaks of the Three Sisters and Mount Bachelor.
- The city enjoys 300 days of sunshine a year, and offers access to more than 300 miles of mountain-biking trails, 71 parks, a thousand climbing routes and 3,600 acres of skiing and snowboarding terrain on Mount Bachelor. Other activities include kayaking, rock climbing, hiking, whitewater rafting, wild swimming, fishing, and horse riding.
- You can catch an art exhibit, dine at an award-winning restaurant, spoil yourself at one of our many spas, or trek the legendary Bend Ale Trail, the largest beer trail in the West.
- Whether you’re dipping a paddle into the crystal-clear waters of the Deschutes River, sipping a frosted pint of your favorite craft brew, or plunging into the frosty unknown on a pair of snowshoes, Bend has a way of putting you at ease and in awe all at the same time.