Senior Nursing Leadership Opportunity with Oversight for Multiple Locations and Large Service Lines
- The Director of Nursing leads nursing services for the Perioperative, Ambulatory Surgery, PACU, and Gastrointestinal departments, including an ECT and Pain Program, at United Health Services’ (UHS) Wilson Medical Center and Binghamton General Hospital.
- This senior nursing leader reports to UHS’ Senior Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer/Chief Operating Officer and will join a collaborative administrative team to drive strategies around service line performance improvement, patient experience, and fiscal management.
- Seeking a highly visible and engaged leader to quickly build effective relationships with providers and staff, while promoting a team- and mission-centric culture focused on high reliability and zero harm.
- Additional responsibility areas include staffing, day-to-day operations, budgeting, education, program development, and establishing effective systems and metrics to ensure optimal levels of nursing care.
- Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of nursing leadership experience, preferably within at least one of these oversight areas.
- Active Registered Nurse license and must be eligible to obtain licensure in New York state.
About United Health Services
- United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York’s Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices in addition to home care and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
- United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we’re Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you’ll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
- UHS has been recognized for outstanding surgical outcomes from the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program of the American College of Surgeons.
- United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
- Binghamton, located in south-central New York, boasts an average cost of living and an array of cultural attractions including minor league baseball and hockey teams, the Kopernic Space Center, the Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park, and Binghamton University, recently ranked as the #1 public university in New York.
- Nicknamed the “Valley of Opportunity,” Binghamton is the birthplace of IBM and is an eclectic location where a creative class of forward-thinkers embraces the roots as a destination for innovators.
- Within an hour’s drive is the Finger Lakes Region of New York State, a 9,000 square mile, four-season playground that is known for its breathtaking scenery: from waterfalls and gorges to rolling hills to miles of spectacular shoreline around 11 glacial lakes and one Great Lake. The region offers visitors endless outdoor adventures, including exceptional hiking and biking, skiing, and golf, as well as world-class wineries, craft breweries, distilleries, eateries, and museums.
- Nearby metropolitan areas include Syracuse, located one hour away, and New York City, located only three hours away.