Leadership Opportunity for Pharmacy Operations Across Four Hospital Locations
- The Director of Pharmacy Operations leads inpatient pharmacy operations for United Health Services’ four hospitals, with the mission of optimizing patient outcomes through medical management and driving highly reliable pharmaceutical care.
- Oversight for the procurement of drugs, supplies, and equipment used in preparing and administering drugs.
- Additional responsibly areas include staffing, regulatory compliance, employee development and training, chairing the Medication Safety Committee and coordinating related safety activities, and budget management.
- This leader will partner closely with site teams to provide strategic direction, analyze problems and implement solutions, monitor service levels, and utilize industry trends, best practices, and National Patient Safety Standards to ensure continuous improvement.
- Must bring significant pharmacy experience in a healthcare system, including 3+ years in a hospital pharmacy management position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or a PharmD is required. Master’s degree preferred. Must obtain a New York State Pharmacist license.
- A leader in innovative and compassionate care, United Health Services’ Pharmacy Division has successfully incorporated decision-support software into clinically monitoring certain medication therapies and has supported the expansion of medication assisted treatment of opiate use disorders within the local corrections system. The successful candidate will join a pharmacy team that has wide-reaching impact—pharmacy staff regularly serve as adjunct professors and mentors for students from nearby university programs who complete their PGY1 residencies with United Health Services.
About United Health Services
- United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York’s Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices in addition to home care and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
- United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we’re Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you’ll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
- United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
- Binghamton, located in south-central New York, boasts an average cost of living and an array of cultural attractions including minor league baseball and hockey teams, the Kopernic Space Center, the Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park, and Binghamton University, recently ranked as the #1 public university in New York.
- Nicknamed the “Valley of Opportunity,” Binghamton is the birthplace of IBM and is an eclectic location where a creative class of forward-thinkers embraces the roots as a destination for innovators.
- Within an hour’s drive is the Finger Lakes Region of New York State, a 9,000 square mile, four-season playground that is known for its breathtaking scenery: from waterfalls and gorges to rolling hills to miles of spectacular shoreline around 11 glacial lakes and one Great Lake. The region offers visitors endless outdoor adventures, including exceptional hiking and biking, skiing, and golf, as well as world-class wineries, craft breweries, distilleries, eateries, and museums.
- Nearby metropolitan areas include Syracuse, located one hour away, and New York City, located only three hours away.