Join the Nation’s #1 Pediatric Hospital in This Critical Director Role that Will Shape Future Vision for Utilization Management
- The Director of Utilization Management will provide administrative oversight for the inpatient utilization management program at Boston Children’s Hospital.
- This leader reports to and works in close partnership with the Vice President, Business Operations and Strategy for Nursing/Patient Care to monitor clinical review processes and recommend strategies to maximize revenue, prevent loss, contain costs, improve access, ensure quality care, and maximize technology capabilities.
- Develop tracking and reporting processes for utilization patterns, service delivery demographics, and trends in program expenditures and payer policy updates.
- Support the development of initiatives around length of stay and level of care for admission.
- Oversee a team of 15 FTEs, budget preparation, regulatory compliance, and utilization management trainings.
- Must bring significant utilization management experience, preferably in a pediatric setting.
- Master’s degree required; MSN preferred.
- Boston Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving and advancing the health and well-being of children around the world through its life-changing work in clinical care, biomedical research, medical education, and community engagement.
- Boston Children's is ranked the number one pediatric hospital in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and treats more children with rare diseases and complex conditions than any other hospital.
- It is home to the world's largest pediatric research enterprise, is the leading recipient of pediatric research funding from the National Institutes of Health, and is the primary pediatric teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School.
- With a history dating back to 1869, Boston Children’s is a 404-bed nonprofit hospital that has grown into New England's regional referral pediatric center and a safety net hospital for the most critically ill children and those from low-income families. The organization partners with the community to address the most pressing health care needs in surrounding neighborhoods.
- Boston offers a unique mix of historic culture and modern change – vibrant and diverse business sector, prestigious colleges and universities, unrivaled hospitals, world-renowned museums, rich history, and close proximity to the beaches of Cape Cod and the White and Green Mountains!
- The “Bay State” is the home of two professional baseball teams, as well as professional basketball, hockey, and soccer teams. Sports fans can also visit the Sports Museum of New England, The Basketball Hall of Fame, and the Volleyball Hall of Fame.
- Boston has a thriving music scene – summer nights are brought to life with free concerts at the Hatch Shell and annual festivals celebrating new artists.
- When walking through the historic city of Boston, notice red bricks along several sidewalks - these bricks outline the “Freedom Trail,” a built-in map that takes you to all the historical landmarks.