Chief Medical Offer
This is an exciting opportunity for a contemporary and collaborative physician executive to lead and develop quality improvements and patient safety programs for an expansive network of primary care pediatricians, Pediatric Physicians’ Organization at Children’s (PPOC), clinically integrated with one of the premier children’s medical facilities in the world, Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH).
- Continue to build collaborative relationships between PPOC practices as well as with the specialists at Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Support the furtherance of the patient-centered home model across PPOC practices.
- Establish a robust capability to accelerate the adoption of enhanced models of care delivery and integration across the BCH enterprise.
- Oversee PPOC’s integrated Behavioral Health Program
- Lead the effort supporting clinical informatics related to PPOC’s EPIC electronic health record.
- The PPOC is one of the largest pediatric primary care physician organizations in the country, with more than 360 pediatric primary care physicians, 130 nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and 80+ integrated behavioral health clinicians.
- PPOC members are all members of the Boston Children's medical staff and practice in more than 105 locations across Massachusetts…from Boston to Dracut, Quincy to Nantucket, and Shrewsbury to North Adams.
- The PPOC is clinically integrated with Boston Children’s Hospital and its specialists and contracts jointly with those organizations. It hosts and manages the Epic EHR for member offices.
- Collaborative leader with a quality, data, and integration focus.
- Board-certified physician with at least 10 years of experience (MD or DO).
- Primary-care pediatrics background preferred, but other primary-care field or pediatric subspecialties will be considered.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in an independent private pediatrics practice setting, as well as experience working as a leader in a large pediatric hospital or health system.
- Previous exposure or interaction with Academic Medical Centers will be helpful.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.