Join Dana-Farber, an award-winning organization, as their new Director of Pharmacy Infusion Services while you enjoy the historic streets of Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Director of Pharmacy Infusion Services is responsible for the oversight of the adult ambulatory pharmacy infusion, pharmacy dispensing, and pharmacy regulatory compliance initiatives for the Longwood and Chestnut Hill locations for Dana-Farber.
- The Director will provide oversight to the development, implementation, and maintenance of efficient workflows and will provide strategic direction to ensure that established goals, strategies, and proposed improvements are executed effectively throughout the department.
- This Leader will develop and implement compliance initiatives throughout the department and will ensure that all pharmacy operations are consistently aligned with local, state, federal, and organizational compliance regulations and standards.
- The Director will collaborate closely with nursing, physician, and operational leaders to manage the overall operations within the department. Additionally, the Director will serve as a liaison between different departmental leadership staff and will provide transparent updates pertaining to pharmacy operations and strategic planning.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring capital and expense budgets throughout the department, and will strive to provide cost-effective strategies to increase the overall productivity throughout the department while providing optimal patient care.
- The Director will coordinate both operational and pharmaceutical care operations and will participate in departmental and interdepartmental committees to ensure that pharmacy infusion efforts are coordinated across varies areas of the department, and organization as a whole.
- This leader must hold the ability to prevent and resolve both intradepartmental and interdepartmental matters in addition to problem solving, strategic planning, and time management skills. Additionally, the Director will strive to provide a positive and proactive work environment to maintain high employee engagement while achieving departmental goals.
- Seeking an innovative leader who will value collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, and executive leadership and will be able to effectively illustrate prioritization, organization, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Doctorate in Pharmacy degree is required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of pharmacy experience within an acute care setting, 6+ years of management experience, and/or 4+ years of experience within an administrative pharmacy role is required.
- Founded in 1947, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has provided advances, innovative, and personalized care to members throughout their communities. For 75 years, Dana-Farber has made it their mission to provide state-of-the-art care to adult and pediatric cancer patients while innovating cancer preventatives, treatments, and cures for the future.
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute strives to provide expert, compassionate, and equitable care to adults and children with cancer with the best treatment available today while developing tomorrow's cures through cutting-edge research.
- Throughout the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure, and prevention processes, Dana-Farber aims to innovate patient therapies and scientific discoveries around the world while providing research, clinical care, education, outreach, and advocacy initiatives throughout their communities.
- In 2022, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute was recognized by Press Ganey with a Guardian of Excellence Award for Outstanding Achievement in Workforce Engagement. In addition, Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center was listed by U.S. News & World Report as No.1 in the 2022-2023 “Best Children’s Hospital’s” report.
- The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute employs nearly 4,000 people supporting more than 300,000 patient visits a year, is involved in some 700 clinical trials, and is internationally renowned for its blending of research and clinical excellence.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a principal teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, a federally designated Center for AIDS Research, and a founding member of the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center, a federally designated comprehensive cancer center.
- Boston, Massachusetts offers a unique mix of historic culture and modern change – a vibrant and diverse business sector, prestigious colleges and universities, unrivaled hospitals, world-renowned museums, rich history, and close proximity to the beaches of Cape Cod and the White and Green Mountains!
- The “Bay State” is the home of two professional baseball teams, as well as professional basketball, hockey, and soccer teams. Sports fans can also visit the Sports Museum of New England, The Basketball Hall of Fame, and the Volleyball Hall of Fame.
- Boston has a thriving music scene – summer nights are brought to life with free concerts at the Hatch Shell and annual festivals celebrating new artists.
- When walking through the historic city of Boston, notice red bricks along several sidewalks. These bricks outline the “Freedom Trail,” a built-in map that takes you to all the historical landmarks.