Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, an award-winning organization, is searching for two Pharmacy Infusion Service Managers to join their team!
- The Pharmacy Infusion Service Managers will oversee the daily pharmacy operations and staff of the Yawkey infusion clinics to ensure high-quality patient care is provided in compliance with regulations, hospital policies and practices.
- Both managers will report to the Director of Infusion Services, and each leader will oversee a team of approximately 30 FTEs.
- Projects of these managers include finalizing the implementation of Pharmacists in Exam (PIE) program and new medication dispensing queue. As well as assisting in recruitment and onboarding initiatives, and overall system improvements to improve departmental workflow and operations.
- Seeking a hands on, innovative leader who will value collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, and executive leadership and will be able to effectively illustrate prioritization, organization, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Doctorate in Pharmacy from an accredited college of Pharmacy required.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy and successful completion of an accredited pharmacy leadership residency program may substitute for experience requirement.
- Must possess a minimum of seven years hospital pharmacy experience, and a minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Four years of oncology pharmacy experience preferred.
- Founded in 1947, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has provided advances, innovative, and personalized care to members throughout their communities. For 75 years, Dana-Farber has made it their mission to provide state-of-the-art care to adult and pediatric cancer patients while innovating cancer preventatives, treatments, and cures for the future.
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute strives to provide expert, compassionate, and equitable care to adults and children with cancer with the best treatment available today while developing tomorrow's cures through cutting-edge research.
- Throughout the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure, and prevention processes, Dana-Farber aims to innovate patient therapies and scientific discoveries around the world while providing research, clinical care, education, outreach, and advocacy initiatives throughout their communities.
- In 2022, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute was recognized by Press Ganey with a Guardian of Excellence Award for Outstanding Achievement in Workforce Engagement. In addition, Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center was listed by U.S. News & World Report as No.1 in the 2022-2023 “Best Children’s Hospital’s” report.
- The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute employs nearly 4,000 people supporting more than 300,000 patient visits a year, is involved in some 700 clinical trials, and is internationally renowned for its blending of research and clinical excellence.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a principal teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, a federally designated Center for AIDS Research, and a founding member of the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center, a federally designated comprehensive cancer center.
- Boston, Massachusetts offers a unique mix of historic culture and modern change – a vibrant and diverse business sector, prestigious colleges and universities, unrivaled hospitals, world-renowned museums, rich history, and close proximity to the beaches of Cape Cod and the White and Green Mountains!
- The “Bay State” is the home of two professional baseball teams, as well as professional basketball, hockey, and soccer teams. Sports fans can also visit the Sports Museum of New England, The Basketball Hall of Fame, and the Volleyball Hall of Fame.
- Boston has a thriving music scene – summer nights are brought to life with free concerts at the Hatch Shell and annual festivals celebrating new artists.
- When walking through the historic city of Boston, notice red bricks along several sidewalks. These bricks outline the “Freedom Trail,” a built-in map that takes you to all the historical landmarks.