Join one of the world’s top hospitals and lead department expansion as Director, Interventional Radiology in historic Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Director, Interventional Radiology will oversee two fast-paced and growing radiology departments across multiple campus locations.
- Reporting to the Senior Operations Director of Radiology, the Director will work in a triad leadership model alongside the Director of Nursing and the Physician Leaders. 25 FTEs will report to the Technical Director.
- Exciting opportunity to build a vision for the future as the Director will work with administration to design, implement, and oversee the construction and expansion of the radiology facilities, including a rollout of new EMR (Epic) and site equipment.
- The Director will develop, recommend, administer, and update departmental policies and procedures, streamlining productivity and efficiency at each location.
- Seeking a visionary and growth-minded leader who will build strong partnerships across the organization, prioritize staff engagement, and drive optimal patient satisfaction.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be team oriented, and be capable of driving change. Must bring 3-5 years of related work experience, with 1-3 years of supervisory/management experience. Strong clinical background and knowledge of complex IR procedures desired.
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s preferred. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification required.
- In March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) officially embarked on a journey to transform healthcare in Massachusetts. The health system was formed through the merger of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Lahey Health, New England Baptist Hospital, Mount Auburn Hospital, and Anna Jaques Hospital.
- BILH is now the second largest health system in Massachusetts that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, a full continuum of medical and behavioral health, more than 4,300 physicians, and 36,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is a world-class 673-bed teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School and is in the heart of Boston. In 2020, construction began on a new 10-story, approximately 345,000 square-foot inpatient building that will be located on BIDMC’s West Campus.
- Offering a full range of emergency services, including a Level 1 Trauma Center and a roof-top heliport, the medical center was named one of the “Top 100 Hospitals in the World” in 2022 by Newsweek.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center consistently ranks as a national leader among independent hospitals in National Institutes of Health funding with a rich history of advancing new therapies and cures. Researchers continue to explore breakthrough treatments for some of the most challenging diseases.
- Boston, Massachusetts, offers a unique mix of historic culture and modern change – a vibrant and diverse business sector, prestigious colleges and universities, unrivaled hospitals, world-renowned museums, rich history, and proximity to the beaches of Cape Cod and the White and Green Mountains!
- The “Bay State” is the home of two professional baseball teams, as well as professional basketball, hockey, and soccer teams. Sports fans can also visit the Sports Museum of New England, The Basketball Hall of Fame, and the Volleyball Hall of Fame.
- Boston has a thriving music scene – summer nights are brought to life with free concerts at the Hatch Shell and annual festivals celebrating new artists.
- When walking through the historic city of Boston, notice red bricks along several sidewalks. These bricks outline the “Freedom Trail,” a built-in map that takes you to all the historical landmarks.