System-Wide Clinical Engineering Leadership Opportunity with Ten-Hospital System!
- The Director of Medical Equipment Maintenance provides operational leadership for the system-wide clinical engineering department, including the oversight of all service, maintenance, and repair efforts for medical devices and equipment technology and a team of 25 engineers and technicians.
- Seeking a highly collaborative leader to refine the department’s structure, operational policies, and metrics all in support of maintaining a high-volume, high-functioning department and program.
- Additional responsibility areas include vendor management, contracting, regulatory compliance including The Joint Commission, documentation, reporting, and budget oversight.
- This position reports to the AVP of Facilities Planning, Design, and Construction and will serve as a key resource in leading statewide clinical engineering operations and teams. Opportunities exist to provide equipment management services to other non-owned hospitals in Maine.
- NLH Clinical Engineering provides inhouse maintenance support for advanced medical technology including medical imaging systems and robotics. Must bring significant engineering management experience in a hospital setting.
- Certification as a Certified Healthcare Technology Management (CHTM) professional or Certified Clinical Engineer (CCE) via AAMI, ACCE, or HTF required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Northern Light Health (formerly known as Eastern Maine Healthcare System), is a state-wide integrated health care system in Maine, comprised of 10 member hospitals, a single physician-led medical group, 8 nursing homes, 5 emergency transport centers, 35+ primary care locations, and more than 12,000 employees.
- Serving more than 127 locations in Maine, Northern Light Health (NLH) has a statewide footprint with 90% of Maine’s population within the system’s service area. Eastern Maine Medical Center is a level II trauma center and offers robotic surgery.
- Northern Light provides employs more than 12,000 people in Maine and provides care to residents from Portland to Presque Isle and from Blue Hill to Greenville.
- Northern Light Health is headquartered in Brewer, Maine, right across the Penobscot River from Bangor, where the selected individual will be a visible leader and hold residence with regular travel to other member hospitals as needed.
- Brewer/Bangor is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Maine is a premier recreational destination offering skiing, hunting, fishing, hiking, beaches, boating, and endless fresh lobster!