System-Level Leadership Opportunity for a Visionary and Growth-Minded Executive to serve as Chief Strategy Officer
- The Chief Strategy Officer serves on the health system’s executive leadership team with responsibility for setting the annual and long-term strategic vision and ensuring system and local stakeholders are aligned around these common strategies.
- Reporting to the health system’s CEO, the Chief Strategy Officer provides leadership for fundraising, communications and marketing, community engagement, business development, and government relations.
- Drives successful implementation of strategies, pursues new business opportunities and service line growth/expansion visionary, maintains education on national and local healthcare trends, and is an expert resource offering strategic support to boards, committees, and key partners.
- Must bring significant senior leadership experience in a healthcare organization, including at least five years of strategic planning leadership at a health system level.
- Master’s degree required.
- Northern Light Health (formerly known as Eastern Maine Healthcare System), is a state-wide integrated health care system in Maine, comprised of 10 member hospitals, a single physician-led medical group, 8 nursing homes, 5 emergency transport centers, 35+ primary care locations, and more than 12,000 employees.
- Serving more than 127 locations in Maine, Northern Light Health (NLH) has a statewide footprint with 90% of Maine’s population within the system’s service area. Eastern Maine Medical Center is a level II trauma center and offers robotic surgery.
- Northern Light provides employs more than 12,000 people in Maine and provides care to residents from Portland to Presque Isle and from Blue Hill to Greenville.
- Northern Light Health is headquartered in Brewer, Maine, right across the Penobscot River from Bangor, where the selected individual will be a visible leader and hold residence with regular travel to other member hospitals as needed.
- Brewer/Bangor is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Maine is a premier recreational destination offering skiing, hunting, fishing, hiking, beaches, boating, and endless fresh lobster!