Join Northern Light in beautiful Bangor, Maine as the new Assistant Vice President of Nursing Practice
- The Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Nursing Practice will be responsible and accountable for the oversight of the development, implementation, and evaluation of the strategic plan for the Emergency and Critical Care departments.
- This position will collaborate with administrators, physicians, managers, and other providers to ensure operational efficiency and objectives are achieved.
- Establishes productivity benchmarks, while providing recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and effective delivery of patient care.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who has knowledge of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs. Communicates in a clear, open, respectful, and consistent manner. Has the ability to listen to the staff and leaders to bring changes to improve patient quality and safety.
- Registered Nurse or Advanced EMT
- BLS Required.
- Five to seven years of progressive leadership experience required.
- MSN required; DNP preferred.
- Northern Light Health (formerly known as Eastern Maine Healthcare System), is a state-wide integrated health care system in Maine, comprised of 9 member hospitals, a single physician-led medical group, 8 nursing homes, 5 emergency transport centers, 35+ primary care locations, and more than 12,000 employees.
- Serving more than 127 locations in Maine, Northern Light Health has a statewide footprint with 90% of Maine’s population within the system’s service area.
- Northern Light employs more than 12,000 people in Maine and provides care to residents from Portland to Presque Isle and from Blue Hill to Greenville.
- Bangor, Maine is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Locals take advantage of numerous outdoor adventures such as hiking, sailing, canoeing, hunting, fishing, skiing, and snowmobiling.
- With Husson University and the University of Maine nearby, Bangor offers ample opportunities for those seeking higher education.
- Located on the western bank of the Penobscot River, Bangor offers a thriving art scene, year-round festivals, and the Bangor Symphony Orchestra – one of the oldest symphonies in the country.
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, with access to hiking, hiking, beaches, boating, and endless fresh lobster.