Join a Healthcare System in Northeast Maine as Interim AVP Hospice and Palliative Care
- The Interim AVP Hospice and Palliative Care will be responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations across five locations.
- Reporting to the VP of Finance, Strategy and Operations, this leader will oversee a team of ~200 FTEs.
- This leader will be expected to help mentor and develop managers, improving their effectiveness and stabilizing staff. They will also work to help increase census. Lastly, this leader will be expected to maintain the departments reputation for good quality.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, energetic leader that brings positivity and support to team culture. Must be capable of making decisions, working with senior leadership and bring consistency and best practices to the team.
- Previous hospice experience preferred; Social Work or RN experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be available to start within 2-3 weeks of acceptance.
- Brewer, Maine, right across the Penobscot River from Bangor.
- Brewer/Bangor is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes.
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, with access to hiking, hiking, beaches, boating, and endless fresh lobster.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B.E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.