The second largest health system in the state of Maine, Northern Light Health, is excited to fill the newly created role of Associate Vice President, IS Project Planning and Management!
- The AVP-IS will be responsible and accountable for all IS project management activities, including oversight for all IS projects to ensure that a consistent and effective management methodology is used and maintained.
- Reporting directly to the Vice President, Information Systems this leader will oversee a team 10 FTEs, consisting of six Project Managers and four Project Coordinators. They will also provide expertise and serve as a liaison to a large team of consultants assigned to manage projects.
- This leader will be responsible for following the oversight process for all proposed and approved projects. They will also be responsible for resource planning for all of IS, with ongoing evaluation of resource utilization compared to budget, estimates and future estimation of resources. This position will also be required to develop and monitor department Service Level Agreements, customer service feedback, and budget compliance.
- The ideal candidate will have previous healthcare experience. They will be energetic and capable of working in a fast-paced environment. This leader needs to be able to work independently, but also cohesively with other AVPs and senior leadership when appropriate. Excellent organization and communication skills will be vital.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred. PMI certification is a plus!
- Must possess a minimum of fifteen years’ experience in healthcare or IT plus staff supervision. Two years of AVP or VP experience and five years Project Management Experience managing large projects and PMO Department.
- Northern Light Health (formerly known as Eastern Maine Healthcare System), is a state-wide integrated health care system in Maine, comprised of 9 member hospitals, a single physician-led medical group, 8 nursing homes, 5 emergency transport centers, 35+ primary care locations, and more than 12,000 employees.
- Serving more than 127 locations in Maine, Northern Light Health has a statewide footprint with 90% of Maine’s population within the system’s service area.
- Northern Light provides employs more than 12,000 people in Maine and provides care to residents from Portland to Presque Isle and from Blue Hill to Greenville.
- Northern Light Health is headquartered in Brewer, Maine, right across the Penobscot River from Bangor, where the selected individual will be a visible leader whether by residence or regular travel from another Northern Light member hospital
- Brewer/Bangor is located just under four hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and two hours from the Canadian Maritimes
- Portland is the largest city in Maine, and is home to the historic Old Port district, and Cape Elizabeth, which marks the entrance to Portland Harbor
- Ranked 4th among the top 10 perfect places to live in America, Portland combines diverse cultural offerings of a large metropolitan city, with a charming small-town atmosphere
- Bon Appetit magazine has dubbed Portland as the "foodie state," for its wide array of local dining options
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations, and the region is less than an hour from world-renown Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, with access to hiking, hiking, beaches, boating, and endless fresh lobster