Montefiore Medical Center, located in diverse New York City is searching for a Clinical Director of Med Surg to join their organization!
- The Clinical Director of Med Surg is responsible for the overall management of nursing activities at the Einstein campus, ensuring that quality, compassionate, culturally competent, effective and efficient patient care is delivered.
- Reporting to Assistant Vice President of Nursing, this leader will oversee a team of seven direct reports.
- This leader will work to address department staffing challenges, improve clinical outcome metrics, and mentor staff.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent leadership skills, and posses the ability to think logically and sequentially. The ability to adapt quicky to change, matching organization culture will be critical.
- MSN required.
- Active NY RN license required.
- Must possess a minimum of seven years’ experience working in a clinical environment, and at least five years’ experience in a managerial role.
- The Bronx is a borough of New York City. It's known for Yankee Stadium, the home field of the New York Yankees baseball team.
- Despite the Bronx is the third most densely populated county in the U.S., about a quarter of its area is open space, including Woodlawn Cemetery, Van Cortlandt Park, Pelham Bay Park, the New York Botanical Garden and the Bronx Zoo.
- Bronx is home to Poe Cottage where Author Edgar Allan Poe spent the last years of his life, home to the New York Yankees, maritime heritage as well as arts and entertainment such as off-off-Broadway shows.
- The South Bronx is also famous for being the birthplace of hip-hop and graffiti, but there's also an abundance of heartfelt new offerings in the area spearheaded by locals.
- The Bronx has changed beyond recognition in recent years to become one of the most "trendy" areas of New York. Discover the city's most cross-cultural district, over 75 different languages are spoken on its streets!
- Montefiore Medical Center, a part of the Montefiore Health System, is a premier academic medical center and the primary teaching hospital of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York City.
- Montefiore Health System is comprised of 10 member hospitals and more than 200 outpatient ambulatory care sites that provide coordinated, comprehensive care to patients and their families across the Bronx, Westchester and the Hudson Valley.
- Located in the Pelham Parkway section of the Bronx, adjacent to our Albert Einstein College of Medicine, the Montefiore Medical Center is a 421-bed private hospital.
- The centers mission, vision and values serve as our guide for pursuing clinical excellence—breaking new ground in research, training the next generation of healthcare leaders, and delivering science-driven, patient-centered care.
- In 2020, Montefiore was ranked No. 6 New York City metropolitan area hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
- Montefiore Einstein ranks as one of the nation's best for 2022–2023, placing in the top 1% percent of hospitals for complex specialty care in cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, geriatrics, neurology & neurosurgery, and obstetrics & gynecology.