Bright lights and the big city! Join Maimonides Medical Center, in Brooklyn, New York as their newest Director of Compensation.
- The Director of Compensation will be responsible for all aspects of the various components of the current compensation program for hospital staff.
- This role will report directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and work in tandem with the Vice President of Human Resources to process daily compensation requests and other projects as assigned as the organization works to transform their operations.
- This leader will be expected to review the current compensation increase request process to ensure all steps are being completed. Design new programs that enhance the ability to attract, motivate, reward and retain qualified staff while ensuring alignment with corporate goals and objectives utilizing external market data and internal equity considerations.
- The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and subject matter expert on broad based compensation matters. They must be capable of working collaboratively across multiple departments, possess strong technical, managerial skills, be adaptable, proactive and have a passion for driving forward progress.
- 10+ years of compensation experience and 5+ years of leadership / management experience required. Union experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Maimonides Medical Center (Maimonides) is a 711-bed, not-for-profit, teaching hospital located in the Borough Park section of Brooklyn, New York, and is one of the largest independent teaching hospitals in the United States.
- As the largest hospital in New York City’s most populous borough, it is a destination center for tertiary care, featuring advanced clinical capabilities and outstanding patient outcomes.
- Over the last century, Maimonides has become a world-class care center and a vital part of New York City. From the 1st heart transplant in the U.S. to the 1st hospital-based Clinical Simulation Center in the Northeast, this organization is on the cutting edge of innovation.
- Their patient-centered approach to care is embodied throughout their staff, the hospital, and their renowned centers of excellence. The physicians are not only highly trained professionals but are caring individuals who recognize that physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being are affected by medical issues.
- This organization has been recipient of many awards and recognitions, they have been ranked in the Top 10 Hospital in the Nation for Clinical Excellence according to data published by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and is ranked among the top 1% of hospitals in the nation for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and pulmonary diseases.
- Brooklyn, one of the five boroughs of New York, is home to many of New York’s top attractions, museums and flea markets, including Coney Island.
- Hosting the world-renowned Brooklyn Academy of Music, the Brooklyn Philharmonic and the second largest public art collection in the United States, Brooklyn has played a major role in American culture.
- Brooklyn offers a mix of city living while still maintaining a more spacious, small town feel.
- Brooklyn's plethora of public and private school options, as well as many local parks, rich culture and unique architecture, make it a truly great place to live and work.