Bright lights and the big city! Join Maimonides Medical Center, in Brooklyn, New York as their newest Vice President of Organizational Development.
- The Vice President of Organizational Development will be responsible for developing programs, facilitating implementation of appropriate change management initiatives, and review current development programs to ensure alignment with company goals.
- This role will report directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and oversee a team of approximately four FTE’s with the opportunity to grow that team significantly.
- This leader will be expected to be a change agent by successfully understanding organizational culture and what will drive change. They will be expected to lead the development of mentoring programs and work in tandem with HR to ensure the team has all the proper tools for recruitment and retention. In time, this position will be asked to build a performance management system and revamp new employee orientation.
- The ideal candidate will diplomatic, radiate energy, passionate and a high level of talent for this line of work. They must be capable of adapting quickly to diverse cultures and personalities, be proactive in nature and lead a high performing team in a changing environment.
- Union experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Maimonides Medical Center (Maimonides) is a 711-bed, not-for-profit, teaching hospital located in the Borough Park section of Brooklyn, New York, and is one of the largest independent teaching hospitals in the United States.
- As the largest hospital in New York City’s most populous borough, it is a destination center for tertiary care, featuring advanced clinical capabilities and outstanding patient outcomes.
- Over the last century, Maimonides has become a world-class care center and a vital part of New York City. From the 1st heart transplant in the U.S. to the 1st hospital-based Clinical Simulation Center in the Northeast, this organization is on the cutting edge of innovation.
- Their patient-centered approach to care is embodied throughout their staff, the hospital, and their renowned centers of excellence. The physicians are not only highly trained professionals but are caring individuals who recognize that physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being are affected by medical issues.
- This organization has been recipient of many awards and recognitions, they have been ranked in the Top 10 Hospital in the Nation for Clinical Excellence according to data published by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and is ranked among the top 1% of hospitals in the nation for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and pulmonary diseases.
- Brooklyn, one of the five boroughs of New York, is home to many of New York’s top attractions, museums and flea markets, including Coney Island.
- Hosting the world-renowned Brooklyn Academy of Music, the Brooklyn Philharmonic and the second largest public art collection in the United States, Brooklyn has played a major role in American culture.
- Brooklyn offers a mix of city living while still maintaining a more spacious, small town feel.
- Brooklyn's plethora of public and private school options, as well as many local parks, rich culture and unique architecture, make it a truly great place to live and work.