Catholic Health, a patient-focused organization, is seeking a passionate leader to join them as their new System Director of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Services in Buffalo, New York!
- The System Director, Cardiovascular/Thoracic Services, is responsible for the overall operational, financial, and clinical performance of the cardiovascular practices functioning within Catholic Health.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the System Director will oversee practice management processes while ensuring that all operations follow organizational expectations including local, state, and federal compliance measures.
- The System Director will manage two direct reports, consisting of two Directors, and will strive to implement and execute critical initiatives for growth, excellence, market differentiation, and multi-specialty clinical collaboration across the Catholic Health system.
- This leader is accountable for Physician Enterprise (PE) Leadership and must be able to effectively communicate with physicians, executives, and staff members while bridging gaps within the department by encouraging a high level of collaboration.
- Seeking an open-minded leader that will strive to implement and operationalize service lines to optimize performance levels, patient outcomes, and growth throughout the department as well as the organization.
- The System Director will collaborate closely with revenue cycle executive leaders to address and resolve any issues pertaining to practice operations within the department as they concern established budgets, policies, and procedures.
- This hands-on leader will serve as a key member of the executive leadership team while serving as a subject-matter expert within the department, and will utilize problem solving, decision making, and critical judgment skills throughout operational changes.
- Candidates will ideally bring extensive knowledge pertaining to operational practice management, finance, regulatory, and reporting requirements within a healthcare setting.
- The System Director will preferably bring previous experience analytical and data skills to ensure they are able to properly execute mandatory reports.
- MBA, MHA, MSM, and/or MSHA is preferred.
- Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of management experience within a Cardiovascular and/or Healthcare System setting is required.
- Catholic Health in Buffalo, NY is a non-profit healthcare system that provides care to Western New Yorkers across a network of five acute-care hospitals, primary care centers, imaging centers, and several other community ministries.
- Driven by its mission, Catholic Health dedicates itself to delivering high-quality, compassionate, and affordable health services to all with special care given to those who are poor and disadvantaged.
- Catholic Health is making the largest investment in its history, dedicating more than $100 million in state-of the- art technology that will connect its hospitals, home care, long-term care, clinician offices, health centers, and ancillary services with patients throughout the area. This transformational investment marks a major milestone for the healing ministry, which dates back more than 165 years.
- In recognition of superior service, Catholic Health has been named as among the top 100 integrated healthcare systems by SDI and is accredited by The Joint Commission. In 2018, Catholic Health was named Healthcare Company of the Year by Buffalo Business First and one of its hospital, Kenmore Mercy Hospital, has received Magnet-designation.
- Buffalo, New York, located on the eastern shores of Lake Erie and the head of the Niagara River, is the second most populous city in the state, after New York City.
- The city of Buffalo has undergone a remarkable transformation in recent years, from a redeveloped waterfront and revitalized neighborhoods to an expanding craft beer scene, and over $1 billion in new investments for local businesses.
- Redeveloped from its glory days as the western terminus of the Erie Canal, Canalside hosts more than 1,000 annual events—from summertime concerts and festivals to recreation like ice skating and ice bikes in the winter. Endless fun awaits along this scenic waterfront—try rock climbing at Buffalo RiverWorks, kayaking on the Buffalo River, or sailing on the Spirit of Buffalo.
- The iconic Niagara Falls State Park, one of the country’s most beautiful and iconic state parks, is only a 30-minute drive from Buffalo.