Join a Massachusetts healthcare system as their next Interim Chief Pharmacy Officer
- The Interim Chief Pharmacy Officer will be responsible for the oversight and day-to-day operations of the entire Pharmacy department of the organization across multiple campus locations.
- This role will report to the Interim Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Senior Vice President (SVP). They will oversee a team of six direct reports and 250 FTE’s.
- This position will be expected to monitor and maintain all quality and safety measures of the department. Along with serving as the key point of contact for collaboration within the system and its ongoing integration efforts between campus locations. They will be encouraged to support and nurture the team by inspiring confidence and creating stability. Finally, they will be tasked with successfully integrating and operating an economics scale in order to manage change.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in operations, be a collaborative leader, and is capable of building effective working relationships with staff, physicians and senior leadership. They should be an innovator, a SME best practices, mature, credible and trustworthy. Prior experience working with mergers and acquisitions is a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience working in academic environment required.
- Bachelor’s or Doctoral degree in Pharmacy required. Master’s preferred.
- Must be available to start within two weeks of acceptance.
- Burlington, Massachusetts, sits twelve miles northwest of Boston and is a booming suburb with approximately 25,000 residents. Settled in 1641 and once an agricultural town, Burlington bloomed into one of the fastest-growing towns in 1960s Massachusetts and has since stabilized in growth.
- Boston, Massachusetts offers a unique mix of historic culture and modern change – a vibrant and diverse business sector, prestigious colleges and universities, unrivaled hospitals, world-renowned museums, rich history, and close proximity to the beaches of Cape Cod and the White and Green Mountains!
- Boston has a thriving music scene – summer nights are brought to life with free concerts at the Hatch Shell and annual festivals celebrating new artists.
- When walking through the historic city of Boston, notice red bricks along several sidewalks. These bricks outline the “Freedom Trail,” a built-in map that takes you to all the historical landmarks.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!
- View AMN Healthcare’s current COVID-19 updates, including vaccination information.