President, Primary Care
Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) seeks a highly collaborative and transformational leader as the President of Beth Israel Lahey Health Primary Care (BILHPC). Reporting to the Executive Vice President/ Chair of BILHPC, the President will partner with the CMO of BILHPC to direct, manage, and promote the administrative and operational functions of the organization.
The President maintains broad accountability for the clinical, operational, and financial performance of CHPG, with responsibility for all administrative functions of BILHPC, including strategic and business planning and development, operations, finance, physician compensation, and performance improvement. In this capacity, the President also advises and educates the leadership team on the strategic, business development, operational, and financial impact of BILH PC activities, and advocates for resource allocation for BILHPC.
The President will lead a team of 500 employed physicians and advanced practice clinicians and the administrative staff that supports practice management and medical group operations.
The President is a highly visible executive who will work closely with other members of the senior team to drive organizational growth and change. This individual will be an active participant and contributor in the continual assessment, development, implementation, and achievement of the BILH goals, strategies, and outcomes. He/she works closely with executive leadership in medical staff development planning, network development, practice acquisition, and physician recruitment to ensure BILH’s ability to provide high quality, accessible care to the communities it serves.
Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) is made up of 14 hospitals, 25 major ambulatory facilities, a Population Health Business Unit, and a Primary Care Business Unit that covers eastern Massachusetts from Gloucester to Plymouth, generating $6.5 billion in net operating revenues. BILH has more than 4,300 physicians and 9,000 nurses practicing in their hospitals and clinics with more than 36,000 dedicated employees and 1.3 million patients. As the second largest private employer in Massachusetts, BILH continues to make significant advances within a complex, rapidly changing, competitive healthcare market.
- Bachelor’s degree, Business, Human Resources, HRIS, Analytics, or related field.
- Advanced leadership training and/or M.B.A. or M.H.A. preferred.
- 7-10 years of significant and graduated leadership responsibility, including clinical operations and financial management, preferably at a senior level in a large geographically distributed primary care network that is part of a large, highly matrixed health system.
- Nuanced understanding of ambulatory operations, finance, human resource management, and information technology.
- Nuanced content knowledge regarding quality, safety, patient experience, clinical transformation, population health, and risk-based contracts.
- Proven and successful leadership experience within a complex and matrixed reporting structure and a shared services model.
- Experience working with risk-based contracts and the ability to work closely with current providers on existing and future contracts.
- Experience with change management in providing a vision, leadership, and support around the needed changes.
- Has proven success working in a competitive healthcare market.
- There is a strong preference and expectation that the President live in the primary or secondary service area.