Help lead surgical operations as Assistant Vice President of Surgical Services, at one of the top rated Academic Medical Centers in the country, Cooper University Health Care, in Camden, New Jersey!
- As the Assistant Vice President of Surgical Services, this leader will have oversight of the hospital based surgical services and departments at Cooper University Hospital.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Surgical Services Institute, this leader will have six direct reports and will provide support to those leaders to help optimize the management of daily operations.
- The AVP will actively work to expand professional development opportunities for surgical services bringing organizational priorities and initiatives into daily focus.
- This leader will be a confident, visible, leader with excellent communication, and collaboration skills. In depth knowledge of business development and strategic planning skills will be critical.
- The ideal candidate will bring a strong surgical services leadership background with the experience and passion needed to support the surgical services leadership team while keeping the goals of the business in the forefront.
- BSN required; Master’s preferred.
- Active NJ RN license required.
- Must possess a minimum of 5+ years progressive perioperative nursing experience with demonstrated leadership.
- Camden, NJ is located across the Delaware River from Philadelphia.
- Enjoy all that Philadelphia has to offer including world-class shopping and dining, professional sports teams, an abundance of entertainment and recreational opportunities and a vibrant downtown.
- Less than 60 miles to the beaches on New Jersey’s coast and under 2 hours to New York City.
- Cooper University Hospital is a 489-bed academic medical center that serves as Southern New Jersey’s major tertiary-care referral hospital for specialized services including a Level I Trauma Center, the Cooper Heart Institute, the Cooper Cancer Institute and the Children’s Regional Hospital, the only state-designated children’s hospital in South Jersey.
- The surgery department has a new $3 million, 1,300 square-foot hybrid OR suite that combines cutting-edge surgical equipment with the latest in imaging technology.
- Cooper University Health Care, the clinical campus of Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, offers a full range of health services including prevention, primary care, specialty ambulatory services and all levels of inpatient care and sub-acute care.
- The rapidly expanding organization, home to more than seven hundred physicians across seventy-five specialties, currently serves more than half a million patients each year.
- For each of the last eight years, Cooper University Hospital has been recognized with the “Consumer Choice Award” by the National Research Corporation.