Seeking a collaborative Lab Manager for award-winning Putnam Hospital, part of Nuvance Health.
- The Laboratory Manager will oversee and manage all laboratory, phlebotomy, clerical, and technical staff to ensure that test results are available in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develops a systematic and standardized approach across the lab’s operations, in close partnership with the Corporate Director of Laboratory, Medical Director of Laboratory, and additional key leaders. Focuses on staffing, meeting KPIs, overall regulatory preparedness, and department processes.
- Seeking a highly engaged collaborative team player who will manage 20 FTEs and foster a high-achieving culture that aligns with organizational goals.
- Ensure safety and compliance measures are being met and work closely with regulation committees.
- Familiarity with Collective Bargaining Agreements and Labor Union processes extremely helpful.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or NYS License as a Medical Technologist required. ASCP or relevant certification required.
- A minimum of six years of laboratory work, strong computer skills, and a solid foundation of technical laboratory experience desired.
- Putnam Hospital is part of Nuvance Health, a group of nonprofit hospitals and healthcare providers in the Hudson Valley. Nuvance Health also includes affiliated healthcare providers Health Quest Medical Practice and The Heart Center.
- The seven hospital locations consist of Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center, Sharon Hospital, Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center.
- Putnam Hospital Center is a 164-bed, acute care facility offering medical, surgical, psychiatric, and 24/7 emergency services.
- Notable awards include, Leapfrog ‘A’ Safety Grade (Spring, Fall 2020, Spring 2021), Stroke Gold Quality Plus Achievement Award (2020) and FDA-Certified Mammography Facility.
- Services offered include: Cancer Care, Neurosciences, Heart & Vascular, Orthopedics, Surgical Services and Maternity Care.
- Carmel, New York, is home to three places listed on the National Register of Historic Places; the Gilead Burying Ground is the final resting place of at least two dozen Revolutionary War veterans including patriot spy, Enoch Crosby.
- Known for its many reservoirs, the area is filled with lush greenery, relaxing camp sites, and countless scenic trails for walking, hiking and biking. The Town of Carmel is on the southern border of Putnam County, abutting Westchester County, approximately 50 miles (80 km) north of New York City.
- Carmel is a beautiful area, rich in activities that involve less noise and fast-paced environments and more serenity and nature. Two of the most notable attractions in this area are, Fahnestock and Veterans Memorial Park
- Carmel is a suburb of New York City with a population of 34,210. Carmel is in Putnam County. Living in Carmel offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Many young professionals live in Carmel and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Carmel are highly rated.