Sunny Georgia is calling! Join Tanner Medical Center as their new Director of Accounting
- The Director of Accounting will be responsible for the oversite and day-to-day functional responsibilities including payroll, accounts payable, financial reporting, and external audits.
- Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Director of Accounting will assist with the selection, training, and evaluation of staff members and will provide feedback and developmental planning.
- The Director of Accounting will be willing to further develop personal skills and education in a proactive approach to ensure that future needs and goals within the healthcare system are met.
- Ideal candidates will bring a strategic vision for the financial operations with the system and will actively serve to provide financial resources to meet initiatives.
- Will assist the Vice President of Finance when needed, while simultaneously overseeing approximately 15 FTEs throughout the department.
- The Director will both provide strong leadership and demonstrate a positive attitude towards all staff and customers, including negotiations and technical matters regarding both internal and external transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required. Masters or CPA certification preferred.
- Tanner Health System is a five-hospital nonprofit health system providing convenient, personalized healthcare to communities across west Georgia and east Alabama.
- Tanner’s medical staff is comprised of more than 400 physicians and advanced practice providers, representing 34 medical specialties.
- As a community healthcare organization Tanner’s provider are more than just providers, they are a part of the community. They not only care for their patients, but care for their neighbors, friends, and loved ones. Tanner prides themselves in employing a unique group of professionals who believe in bringing care to surprising places while serving a tight-knit, rural community.
- Nationally and internationally recognized among the best hospitals and healthcare systems, Tanner Medical Center has received a number of awards. To include Atlanta Business Chronicle’s “Best Places to Work”, numerous Healthgrades awards for best specialty programs in Orthopedics, Pulmonary Care and Cardiac. Along with being awarded the Leapfrog Group's Hospital Safety Score, "A" Rating for Patient Safety.
- Located about an hour west of Atlanta, Carrollton, GA is a thriving small town with surprisingly big appeal. From a rich and colorful local arts scene to an uncommon variety of outdoor amenities, the city truly offers something for everyone.
- Have a love for the outdoors Check out the best-in-state disc-golf course, bike the Carrollton greenbelt or zip-line on the world’s longest canopy tour at historic Banning Mills.
- Or for the more indoor folks, enjoy one of the many performances at the AMP, visit one of the numerous exhibits at the Center for the Arts and Southeastern Quilt and Textile Museum. Then grab a bit to eat at one of the many diverse restaurants, wineries and breweries and enjoy some live entertainment.
- With highly rated city and county K-12 systems, the Carrollton County schools rank second in Georgia for the most diverse districts. There are two state colleges nearby, Carrollton is altogether invested in education.